What do you think about people who video record an entire concert?

• I think they are missing out on having the true full concert experience because they aren't living in the moment
  • I think even while recording, they get the full experience and they can watch it over and over again

Most Helpful Guy

• Fucking lame! Are seriously going to watch 2 hours of poorly recorded, shaky-cam low quality video? No! All this does is distract you for enjoying the actual concert and totally hinder everyone directly behind you from enjoying the show!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Dumb... you paid basically to record something and not enjoy it in the moment. I can understand taking pictures and stuff, but what's the point in recording the entire concert?

What Guys Said 8

• I chuckle because most will never watch what they recorded and are missing out on the concert.

• I'm like "tight, i don't have to record the concert and can enjoy the show in the moment because i can just watch their videos later."

• I think it's recording memories! You can remember how steadily you tried to hold your hand the whole time!

• It's a bit distracting for others especially when their hand is right in the way I can't see shit so I just don't go to concerts.

• Annoying as fuck!

• good because it gives artists free publicity

• yeah, but you don't like, work for them (unless you do... in that case, they already pay a staff to film their concerts for promotional purposes). We're talking about you who has paid $50+ for a concert ticket.

• yeah thats true

• i never thought of that.. why would this be on your mind?

• I was just watching a vlog where the guy went to a concert, and because he is so tall, he got some really great footage, that wasn't shaky, and the sound quality was good, but then I wondered how much time did he spend trying to get it smooth, to make sure the picture was good, standing their holding his arm out to get the shots... I could never, but was just wondering how others felt about it b/c it happens at every concert now, tons of cameras.

• llol well i dont complain.. i love being tall... i mean "tall"... lol

• they can probably find it on youtube after everyone has recorded it so I'd just enjoy the concert then search for it on youtube later.

What Girls Said 8

• It's pointless. They're missing out on a great experience. With all those phones in the air, how can anyone actually see the performer? It is very rude to distract the people behind you, and the recordings aren't even worth it. The audio quality is terrible no matter what you use to record it. You get a bunch of background noise, too. You're better off just listening to the music on YouTube.

It's best to put down the phone and live in the moment. To actually see your surroundings and create a memory. Does anyone ever create memories anymore? "There's no point, since I can just record it or take a thousand pictures." Ugh.

• But how can I make sure everyone knows I was there and how cool I am and how awesome my life is if I don't share my vids online? Enjoying the concert myself and having the experience and memory don't mean shit of people don't know how cool I am...

• 1. they have a lot of space on their phone
    2. they don't want to buy the dvd

actually i understand them. i want to capture the moment, but i also want to live in the moment.

nothing's right i'm torn...

• I think they're messing up a moment. Can go pros be brought to concerts because I was planning on bringing one to my first concert I've ever been to since I'm making a collection of memories?

• That's super lame. Plus, you can never hear anything on those recordings afterwards anyway.

• They paid $60+ to watch through their phones. So not worth

• What a waste is the first thing I think. Concert tickets are not cheap and for people to pay top dollar just to sit or stand and film the whole thing? What was the point? Someone who actually wanted to enjoy the concert but couldnt because it was sold out to people who just want to record it is not fair at all.

• I doubt they would watch it again. They're just ruining their own experiences