Does anyone else not like or watch Game of Thrones?

I personally hate that show and it's really annoying when everyone keeps talking about it.
when I tell people I don't watch it they look at me like I'm some kind of an alien.
People have different preferences I'm not weird for not liking Game of Thrones

Most Helpful Guy

• Watched the first season, wasn't for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents and older brother watch it, and I tried to get into it but couldn't. All the gratuitous sex bothered me, and all the characters are insufferable.

What Guys Said 17

• I used to read the books, but they got too dark. Look, I adore fantasy, but I'm also an optimist who believes in human decency and the ultimate triumph of good, as well as the need to try in spite of facing a stacked deck. GoT masquerades as mature with it's veneer of cynicism, darkness, and sick sexuality, but ultimately doesn't strike me as being the ultimate in mature fantasy. Is it interesting and well crafted? Yes. But it's ultimately an altar to a lack of faith in goodness, in human potential for goodness, in faith itself, as delivered by a pussy who thought he was too good to go fight in Vietnam.

I much prefer Tolkien, with his themes on how the right thing must be done in spite of the odds, and that hope is folly, foolishness, but necessary as we march forth to love with integrity in spite of the world around us, themes of companionship and loyalty, of justice not going hand in hand with punishment. This too, is how the real world works. Goodness, forgiveness, sacrifice and hope are as real as realpolitik and rape, and I believe that they are more essential to our humanity and civilization. We can acknowledge the darkness in us and be complex without forgetting that there is Good and Evil, and choosing the former is the right choice, and is abundantly possible.

Do I respect R. R Martin's technical talent as a storyteller? Yes. Much else about him or his stories, no.

• It's definitely overrated. It's good enough that I want to like it and then it just disappoints me.

Somehow 6 seasons in it doesn't seem like the plot has really moved. If you really sit down and analyze what happened in the last season nothing really did until the last 2 episodes. The plot is just nonexistent. It's worse because you know its not your standard TV series making shit up as it goes along. It actually is based off books that are apparently going nowhere as well.

The characters... are annoying. There were about 4 in total that I kind of like but wasn't terribly invested in, Far more characters that I'd rather see die. But, the majority I just don't care about at all but would rather see them dead just so they stop eating screen time.

It really only has the one thing going for it that "characters actually die sometimes". That, and its a reasonably rich fantasy world. For what it is worth, that's pretty unique.

• I think the show is good. One big reason why I am not obsessed with the show like many is because of the characters. I really do not like Cercei and Sansa. Sansa is just plain old boring and whiny. Cercei is very arrogant and self-absorbed. Danearys annoys me by saying she is the mother of dragons like every other second.

The only characters I like in the show are Arya, Sam, Jon Snow, and Ned & Caitlin Stark.

• @yellowmamba024 I mean... it's still reasonably entertaining. I said "overrated", and "good enough" for a reason.

Cersei - Yeah she's a bitch but the show seems to know it. Which means it doesn't bother me. She's like a semi-villain.
      Sansa - Basically a non-character. Completely forgettable until the 2nd to last episode where she either betrays Jon or is just an unforgivable idiot.
      Danny - Horrendous Mary Sue. The laws of physics warp around her to prevent her from suffering the consequences of being a complete moron. Singlehandedly ruins the show and needs to die.
      Arya - Kind of bland but I dont mind her.
      Sam - Annoying but tolerable. He gets 2 "badass" moments and one of them is legit cool (killing the walker) but the other is him "standing up to his father" in the lamest way conceivable. He's cringe to watch.
      Jon - Bland.
      Ned and Cat - Have been dead for ages.

• I don't like it either

• Never watched it , but the people who do are so annoying though

• I haven't watched the first episode of the first season yet, but I do tend to like HBO series. The Wire is probably my favorite TV show of all time. I love Band of Brother. Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, and The Sopranos were also pretty good... They tend to make quality product so for all I know it could be good, but who knows...

• I don't watch it, because I just don't have the time. I have seen some reviews of some of the fighting in the series (I study sword combat) but other then that I really don't know much about it.

• It's essentially bastardized Shakespeare, made palatable for the general public.

The funny thing is that 15 years ago, shows like Game of Thrones or video games like Dark Souls would have been considered nerdy or loserish, and now they're insanely popular.

• I don't hate myself, so no, I don't not watch game of thrones 😝

• You know nothing @lifeisbeautifulxoxo

• I don't hate The Game of Thrones. I watched four seasons. It's a good show, but I think the show is hella overrated.

• no i love it.

• I wouldn't say I hate it I just don't watch it anymore

• I don't watch TV.

• Are you some kind of alien? That is the greatest show ever made.

• No Breaking Bad was the greatest show ever made. I'm not into fantasy. I think Game of Thrones is overrated.

• I couldnt make it past season 3 of Breaking bad, boring and terrible. try Stranger Things. Best show ever made.

• Never seen it, but I own the books. Haven't gotten around to reading them yet.

• agrreeed.

• I just lost all respect for you.

• I don't care. Not liking a stupid show doesn't make me any less.

• @Jack32 I never had respect for you to lose.

• It makes you subhuman slime.

What Girls Said 14

• I'm in exactly your situation, i used to have a terrible hate for that show because my friends in school just wouldn't stop talking about it, Game of Thrones was literally the only topic all day, every day!
    I forced myself to watch the first season and i just didn't like it at all i rlly couldn't get into it.

• I love it but I know plenty of people that have never watched it. No big deal.

• No, you're not weird for disliking Game of Thrones, you're a disgrace.

• My mom hates it too. Does that count?

• i have never seen it :)

• I've never watched a single episode but I don't find it annoying that other people watch it.

• I use to be the same way up til like two weeks ago when I was bored I decided to watch game of thrones now I'm obsessed with show.

• I didn't like it until I started watching it, it is actually really good

• I watch it, I'm a screenwriter and the writing is "fresh". People appreciate it because it's unpredictable and not your typical "the good guy must always win" type of show. If it's not your thing, it's not your thing. But as a writer myself, I understand why it's so popular and why they get so many awards.

• Well I think it's the stupidest show and it's overrated. I've watched the first season and it bored me. There are many shows with great story lines.

• It's not the storyline that makes it popular, it's the fact that the writers change the way tv shows in general are written. In every show there are protagonists and Antagonists, regardless, the Antagonists always comes out on top. Where game of thrones is different is, there's never a clear line between who's good or bad. As in, anybody could die any sec. If someone makes a dumb mistake, they die. It's realistic, plain and simple. Shows like vampire diaries, the storyline is good, but the main characters are always "close" to dying but never dies. thsts dull and predictable. We're not saying game of thrones has the BEST storyline, we're saying it's FRESH and realistic when it comes to desicion making and the writers are amazing.

• Ok agree to disagree then

• I've never watched it. I thought about trying to catch up on it but the whole sword, sorcery thing never appealed to me. Same with Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, just isn't my gig

• Its not a fantasy driven show like the others. It's a character driven mid evil epic with a fantasy fringe. Revenge, ambition, betrayal, intrigue all far more important to the story than most fantasy elements. I think that's really why its so popular

• I can't really get into it either. I'll start watching and then I'll get bored in about 15 min lol

• Dont watch it want no part

• I don't like it either I perfer the walking dead

• Never watched it