Do you like watching horror movies? Do you get scared? What kind of scary movies you prefer?

I like watching them because of the thrill and suspense but I get vary scared and I end up having zombie nightmares so I need to watch it with someone else by my side, usually my Mom and siblings ><
I never watched paranormal activity because I think that it would be way too scary for me, I mostly watch zombie stuff.
I hope my future guy is not scared of horror movies!

• I love them!
  • I like them.
  • Meh.
  • I dislike them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think SuperNatural kind of got me back into horror genre. Same goes for the Evil Dead and Army of Darkness movies. It's best when they mix it with comedy and really really silly shit here and there as it keeps me from being bored. I'm not really a fan of the zombie genre though as it's been the most common theme that's like done to death. Exceptions maybe Shaun of The Dead and the 28 Days/Weeks Later movies, and the original Dawn Of The Dead. I think it was because that I had became really bored with the Zombies-type of apocalyptic theme movies that I had started looking into other post-apocalyptic movies in the first place.

Science fiction plots mixed are also my ideal kind of horror movie. I especially liked "The Thing" movies.

I think I'm starting to look into horror films that are more on the psychological level instead of just BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD EVERYWHERE, as those types of techniques used to shock and scare the audience had been overused. The only exception is unless they use dark humor and keep me interested by providing enough jokes and funny or silly shit throughout the movie.

But I know I've gotten totally bored of the Slasher genres as those also had been done to death also and are in the process of getting new reboots, and they've been more or less copycatting each other for a long time. Too cliché and lacks any originality to really keep me interested in them anymore. If you're new to the Slasher genre, then go ahead and watch them, but after you've seen enough of it, you might just end up really bored with it and realize it's more or less the same despite different movie. Just watch their originals, as sequels are generally not good, mediocre or even terrible.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love horror movies! I dont get scared by them I find them fascinating; the stories are great (usually) and the effects are awesome. I dont prefer certain horror movies (slasher, thriller or gore) I just watch what sounds good and if it has a favorite actor or actress of mine in it then I will watch it. Some directors I prefer over others as well. I've been watching horror films since I was 3 so I have seen some interesting movies lol. Paranormal Activity was actually boring. Then again I dont like the "found footage" type of horror movies.
    I love being a horror fan it is far more interesting than comedies and romance 😂

What Guys Said 33

• Horror movies are among my favorites, along with Science Fiction and Fantasy.
    I don't get scared easily, because it's just a movie, but it's kinda exciting ;)
    My favorite types of horrors are with zombies too, or sometimes with ghosts, vampires and werewolves, but I also like horrors with some alien monsters, for example The Thing, Alien, Predator etc... and horrors with some hard-to-kill maniac (Halloween, Friday The 13th, Nightmare On Elm Street etc).

• Yeah I like them I'm not into demonic or supernatural horror movies though because being a Christian I can't let that stuff into my life. But just your run of the mill horror/slasher movies I like, I don't find them scary though, I'm usually laughing at them because they are so predictable.

And they're a great opportunity to let a girl get closer to you because what situation is better then being in a dark room watching a scary horror movie right?

• Hard to find good ones really, but I like them.
    Mostly a fan of the ghost/demon ones. Monster or slasher ones don't scare me.

• Meh... they tend to had a crappy story and not be scary at all, that's why I avoid them. The only "horror" thing I watch is American Horror Story, but it's not scary, it has a good story though.

• Definitely like them... And it's not like I get shoo scared and that's not really what makes it nice for me, even thought I do like when they actually scare me which is rare... But I just like the general tension, and I don't dislike a little gore fest LOL :)
    And like kind of every kind I guess... A good popcorn slasher film is perfect on a a rainy Sunday afternoons... Seeing scary movies in theaters with friends is usually always a blast also... And kind of just having something to watch that makes you go "WOOO,.." or "HA SHIT THAT'S BLOODY".. Is always entertaining... My favorite kind? HEE I'm not all that much into the spirit ghosty stuff, so I would say I like some blood... A good slasher...

• I should also mention, that you can always find funny stuff to cringe at when you see a slasher and I also like that as well :)

• Ehh I laugh at some, some are a time killer but generally just another jump scare. I fucking died laughing when the guy was putting flour on the floor in paranormal activity.

• Love horror movies. I watch horror movies for the stories but most of the horror movies are not really scary.

• I hate them.
    Can I have my action movie please?

• I don't personally mind a horror movie - especially if a female is right next to me. Granted, some horror films aren't as good as others.

• they are not for me. I don't watch movies often, but if I do it's not a horror movie. can't even remember when I have seen the last one.

• Yep
    I like horror movies
    And i want to watch a scariest horror movie with a girl I like in empty theatre or house maybe 😂
    It would be amazing experience you know 😉

• Love them all kinds but no joke i do tend to scare myself

My mind wonders and starts making things happen lol

• I LOVE THEM it's been 4 years since I saw a good horror movie , but the conjuring 2 was amazing , you still have these problems with zombies? 😂

• I've been doing a horror movie marathon today.
    The fact is I have the house all to myself for five days and no one else likes them besides me so

• Tell you what if I'm your future guy I'll watch them and cuddle you!

Yea I like most of them, I liked the resident evil series but the later ones started getting pretty bad compared to the early ones (that usually happens) I watched saw too and quite a few more...

• Yes, I enjoy occult movies (I'm watching Constantine right now) and dark humor. They don't scare me. I feel asleep to some dead guy being drained of blood (six feet under) last night and slept like a log. :D

• Nope, I like realistic movies that have been slightly dramatized. My favourite movie is Apollo 13.

• Not a fan, mainly because they tend to be really boring, and the only "scary" thing about them is the jumpcuts.

• i like them but there's enough horror in my life.

• I like them but don't get scared by them. Especially modern horror is reliant on over gore for shock value and that's just not scary. I'm more scared of things that can and do happen everyday, even though those movies have no jump scares.

• I can take them or leave them.
    My problem is I spend the whole time say that so silly not real.

• i love. I have a large collection of dvds and 90% of em are horror. I dont like the zombie ones, but I do like the gory slasher, and home invasion ones. foreign ones are probably my favorite.

• No i close my eyes sometimes cause of the creepiness but im never afraid i live the thrill i even laugh at some murders lol i could be crazy but i even have no problem eating during them either haha

• i like watching it together with girls.

• Yea but not alone
    And one time I found a list of disturbing movies
    It's like you need to stay alone half an hour after each movie to be able to Integrate with community again

• I love them! But my favorites are the slashers and unfortunately, slashers are a dying scene.

• They make me wet my knickers.

• I like watching horror movies with girls who gets scared. :P

• I luv them. And have experienced weird crap b4 so yeah.

• I love scary movies so much. :)
    My favorite was The Conjuring.

• More from Guys
    3

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 21

• I am more into subtle horror, ghosts and hauntings vs slasher and gore flicks. But i love the genre; there's not too many I haven't seen. I also love a good sci-fi.

My boyfriend doesn't like them too much, so we take turns. A movie he likes this time, one I like the next. He likes what we jokingly call chick flicks and they repulse me, lol.

• I love horror films! They are my favourite movies. I enjoy the suspense, the thrill , the excitement, and the mystery that comes along with them. I grew up watching Nightmare On Elm St, and ever since then I've become a die hard horror movie fan. I really like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series, I like Saw, Resident Evil, The Hills Have Eyes, etc.
    I enjoy them very much.

• I love horror movies, they're my favorite. They used to scare me a lot but not so much anymore. The only horror movies I watch are the ones about paranormal stuff and ghosts. Those are the only ones that have any sort of effect on me and can actually scare me. No other kind of horror movies scare me or even catch my interest unless it's about that.

• I like watching them, but I get scared lol. I don't like stuff like exorcism movies and paranormal activity type movies. I'm more into like thriller and culture classics like SAW and Halloween and such.

• I like them, but I don't find them too scary really.

• I don't watch horror movies. I'd almost prefer a subtitled foreign documentary.

• Yes. It's an adrenaline rush.

My favorite is Carrie (all of the movies & also the book) but I don't find it scary. It's more of a tragedy than horror in my opinion.

• i am not a fan of slashers. that's basically some person running around cutting heads, with no backstory. blah... i like things like the walking dead and silence of the lambs. nice and dark but with a powerful story.

• I hate them because they make me extremely paranoid.

• I love a good scare, with minimal gore. If a movie counts on blood and gore to frighten viewers, it isn't a good scary movie!

• Love them... I love the old ones.. but I recently saw The Houses October Built. Very good

• I like them but I can't watch them

• Uggghh I love horror movies!!!

• I have never, ever been able to sit and watch a horror movie.

• I love them! I usually only watch them with my best friend

• I only like watching them if I have someone to cuddle with?

• I love them, and I watch one almost every week

• Yes I love old black and white horror movies!

• I love old horror movies!

• I dislike them. I can't watch scary movies without covering my eyes.

• I like them a lot!

There are a few sub genres I'm not too fond of, but for the most part it might be one of my favorite movie genres. I don't get scared, except if I watch one in the movie theater. The loud jump scares get me. I prefer supernatural ones, so creature feature, vampires, werewolves, witches, demons, ghosts and such. Some slasher flicks are cool.