What's Your Favorite Song? And Why?

Title says it all. I'm writing a myTake, so let me know if you don't want to be included

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a few that I consider to be my all time favorite masterpieces, I can't really choose which one between these are my favorites, I'll post them below and let you choose.

Um just so you know I doubt you will recognize any of these pieces, they're quite old and they are classical pieces so you'll listening to them for the first time probably.

Rachmaninov: The Isle of the Dead, Symphonic poem Op. 29 - Andrew Davis

Hauntingly beautiful piece that kind of highlights what we want death to be (paradise/heaven) and then the harsh reality of the unknown and how even if you believe in an afterlife death is still a scary thing.

Rhapsody In Blue: George Gershwin

A more uplifting piece that reminds you of a 1930s-1940s New York during the Art Deco period, a fun and interesting, almost playful at times piece which was created to bridge the gap between classical orchestra and Jazz.

George Gershwin - "An American in Paris"

Another great piece by Gershwin that just has the old classic American feel to it, when you hear it, you say to yourself America, it's another uplifting and more cheerful and playful piece. When you listen to it you kind of think about an American driving in traffic listening to this in Paris or walking through the Paris streets.

Prokofiev - Dance of the Knights

This one was a rather interesting piece,

Sooo, I actually knew the pieces 😅

My best friend LOVES jazz (yup, he's actually 15, I swear) so I know Gershwin, his favorite is Rhapsody in Blue.

I'm a viola player, and classical musician, so the The Isle of the Dead is a familiar piece

Yes, I love Holst. We played Jupiter and Mars at All State, lovely pieces.

O yeah? nice, I think mars would have to be my favorite planet out of all the ones I heard.

Most Helpful Girl

• Even after more than 16 years, I still can't listen to Chris Cornell's "Follow My Way" without tears in my eyes.

The song captures, so elegantly, the simultaneous feelings of devotion and desperation that I felt, when I met my husband and knew he was The One for me.

I knew I NEEDED this man... desperately... for the rest of my life.
    But -- by meeting him and falling so hard for him -- I learned that I'd been wrong about MYSELF for all those years. I really *couldn't* make it all alone.
    Being THIS in love was the best thing that had ever happened to me... but, I knew, it also held the potential to be the worst, too.
    For the first time ever, I felt truly vulnerable -- for the first time ever, a man was in a position where he *could* hurt me. Could destroy me. Just by walking away.

It scared me. (Sometimes it still scares me, and we've been married for more than 15 years.) I tried to push him away a few times... but he knew better.

To me, this song captures all of this. Just replace "boy" with "girl" in the lyrics, and... yeah.
    Follow me, boy... even if I'm pushing you away, because I'm scared.
    Follow me, boy... even if I'm suddenly nothing underneath it all.
    Follow me, boy... even though I have no idea what the fuck my heart is doing to me, and even less of an idea how to navigate it.
    Follow me, boy.
    For the rest of our lives.

Little one don't be a fool,
    I'm a wreck when I look mighty.
    In Euphoria I'm bruised,
    In confusion next I'm lightning.
    In complacence I am small,
    through oblivion I'm charged.

So follow my way,
    when I'm not leading anyone.
    Open and frayed,
    when you can see that I'm unsure.
    Out on my way,
    I'm only pure when I get lost,
    and you're only needing when you're finding that I'm not...

You're just looking for a [girl],
    bathed in infrared and sunlight.
    I'm all polish and reward,
    when I'm confident, I'm hopeless.
    Just like everybody else,
    right before they fall apart.

So follow my way,
    when I am falling from your heart.
    When I'm the pain,
    fever and sweet relief in one.
    Out on my way,
    though I'm not worthy of your trust.
    Follow me down into a swan dive,
    all eyes closed tight...

Lowly, slowly, now I know I love where you go when you're gone...
    Warm your hands inside my veins,
    I might be contagious,
    through oblivion I charge.

So follow my way,
    when I am useless to your cause.
    When I derail,
    calm in the patience of remorse.
    Out on my way,
    Out on my empty open nerves.

all you know is that I don't know where we are...

When all you know is that I don't know,
      Follow my way...

What Guys Said 15

What Girls Said 16

• I have a few:

My all time favorite has been Centerfold by J. Geils Band since junior high school. It is just a fun song.

Very close favorites:

Breaking the Law by Judas Priest - It is heavily mentioned on my favorite show, Beavis and Butt-head, and was practically an anthem for my friends and I our senior year of high school.

Closing Time by Semisonic - I remember when this song was popular and it was my ex's and my song. It brings back so many memories, and a quirk of mine is that it MUST be played before or following Semi Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind, because they were popular around the same time and played together a lot on my local radio station.

Semi Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind - I remember when this was popular as well and my ex and I always played it after Closing Time by Semisonic for the memories (we've known each other since age 7 and share a lot of memories together).

Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve - This song is sad, but beautiful. It is a great assessment of life.

Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls - This song is just beautiful, and very deep.

How's it Going to Be by Third Eye Blind - I listened to this all the time when my ex and I broke up.

Halls of Illusions by Insane Clown Posse - This song has gotten me through a lot and it is my go-to song for when I am extremely angry. ICP and other angry music has a calming effect on me when I am upset. It is very vulgar though, so listen at your own risk!

Iris... That was the first song I truly fell in love with. I heard Kellin Quinn (Sleeping With Sirens) cover it a little while ago and it was like falling in love all over again

I wasn't even born yet 😋

My parents listened to a lot of 90s stuff

I was born in 1995, right in the middle of the '90s.
      My parents listened to a lot of '70s and '80s stuff, so I am very familiar with that as well. I grew up with a lot of '90s and early 2000's stuff playing on the radio.

• oo that's so difficult. i have many.

A new favourite though which i LOVE, is called "catch and release" by matt simons. it's the kind of song you listen to on the way to or at the beach. I don't know i love the vibes. here it is.

• 0|0
  • Hmm that's hard question I can't choose my favorite cause they all my babies but I think I don't have one I have three
    1. Lana del rey - Ride : this never getting old for me this song making me feel free
    2. Troye Sivan - Heaven : this song has a really really good lyrics. İt is meaningful an beautiful
    3. Troye Sivan - Happy Little Pill : when I listen this song my heart aches specially in the chorus part. I think I am sad because of I don't have a happy little pill
    Wow that was long but now I felt like I betrayed the other songs that I listen :DDDDD

• It's too hard to choose to be honest with you. However, the two songs I have on repeat right now are:

• I like Hoobastank's "Reason"

• I have so many, but a few to note are:

David Guetta ft. Sia - Titanium
    Ain't no mountain high enough - Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell
    James' Arthur (cover) - Impossible

• Currently, The Bliss & Radio Girl by Volbeat! Volbeat is my favourite band of all time & the lyrics & sound is just amazing in those two songs, & all their songs for that matter.

Also, First by Cold War Kids. Gives me chills, that song is good as!

• cocteau twins: alice-because it reminds me of my sister, who is quite literally my hero.

• What You Know by Two Door Cinema Club, and I like it because it reminds me of someone I used to love. It's bittersweet really

• Probably Better When I'm Dancing by Megan Trainor.
    It's my favorite cause it's happy and peppy. Also it reminds me of snoopy and one of my favorite movies, The Peanuts Movie.

• Why by Roy Woods
    It's a really good song, my friend who i have a small crush on told me to listen to it and i loved it

• Dr dre's album 2001, every single song on it.

• Genie in a bottle - Christina Aguilera

• Current fave: Josh Turner - Frankie Valli (feat. Jim Hogan and Ron Remke)

All time fave: Tom Petty - Wildflowers

Oops forgot the why part lol
      First one because i love the falsetto and it just an overall good compilation of Frankie Valli songs.
      Second one i grew up with and my mom always said it was "my song" so it sentimental and i just really like the music/lyrics.