Do you consider photoshop an art form?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes it is. i photoshop pictures sometimes to make memes and its not that easy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it is. There are a lot of aspects of editing through photoshop that are very artistic and require a good eye for colour, light, etc. just like any other art. Plus I know a lot of people who use photoshop as a primary tool for drawing/painting using a tablet so it can be used as a digital extension of a traditional art form

What Guys Said 8

• I do. I'd label it under digital media.
    It's especially art, considering there are different levels of photoshop that can be done. I've seen some really professional work, and I've seen some quite shoddy stuff.

Like all art, it takes finness, creativity, and an eye for it. Even if it is someone is creating simply manipulation of a pre-existing art piece/photo, I'd still call it art. It'd be just like the Campbell soup can art by Warhol then.

• Why not? The paint is just digital.

• Photoshop is a tool. art can be expressed through photoshop, but that's seldom seen.

• If this shit is art anything is in my mind.
    media.cmcdn.net/.../840x630.jpeg

• i think so yeah

• yes it is...

• Nope. I hate photoshop

• Given what some people are capable of with photoshop, yeah it's kind of an art form

What Girls Said 15

• I would call it a skill but not an art form.

• It's not real an art form, it's being skilled in it which is very bad. You'll want to alter a picture each time you get a chance.

• Are you saying photoshop as in touching up or fixing flaws or actually using photoshop to create art?

• Graphic arts.
    But it's not what i think of when someone says "art"

• Yes because some people can make the pictures so very beautiful. It's a skill and an art form

• I haven't seen any that made me utter the word awestruck.
    So eh I guess

• Sure.

• Anything is art, even a dot in the middle of page can be art.

• Yes I do :)

• Kinda. I saw some hella wrinkly woman photoshopped into a supermodel on Youtube!!

• Yeah, it takes skill.

• Definitely, but it shouldn't be used for "fixing flaws" of real people

• Yes.

• No not really

• Why not?

• Hey I'm just giving my opinion. No need to get all offensive.

• I'm not getting offensive? I was just curious why you don't think it is. Most of the time people on here just ask follow up questions without negative intentions and other people take it like an attack. I wasn't trying to be negative I was just asking a question.

• Yes.