Top 5 Most Popular Songs Of 1992?

What do you think are the Top 5 Most Popular Songs Of 1992 mine are

1 Nirvana Smells Like Teen Spirit
2 Nirvana Come As You Are
3 Mariah Carey I'll Be There
4 Nirvana Lithium
5 Nirvana In Bloom

2mo @OlderandWiser @WhiteSteve @palek
2mo @HaveNoName

Most Helpful Girl

• Nirvana was the shit, I don't know much about the time line except that it went down hill in the 90's too. But I'd agree with those Nirvana songs. And Mariah too, she was the absolute queen of the 90's.

I don't know the timeline, I wasn't even born in 1992. But I'd say there's a great chance a Mariah or Nirvana song was most popular.

Lol, I looked it up
    Here are a few
    Jump-Kris Kross
    Baby Got Back-Sir Mix-a-lot
    I can't make you love me-Bonnie Raitt
    I will remember you-Amy Grant
    Real love-Mary J Blige
    Free Your Mind-En Vogue
    Friday I'm in Love-The Cure
    Beauty and the Beast-Celine and Peabo
    Smells like teen spirit-Nirvana
    Can't let go-Mariah Carey
    I love your smile-Shanice
    I'm too sexy-Right Said Fred

Most Helpful Guy

• like nirvana a lot but i wouldn't have a top 5 with four of the songs being theirs

It's my opinion and it's about what I think is the most popular what's your list?

do you play guitar? try it. it's just your bottom E string played twice then up two frets and then some notes on the A string... don't have my guitar with me some i'm just saying from memory but that's about right i think

Yeah and I love my Guitar I named her Shania (yes I named her that because of Shania Twain) very pretty Guitar and I think I can do that (:

What Girls Said 7

• ahha that was a *great* year for music.
    As I mentioned in this thread, that was the year of the best Lollapalooza lineup ever:

I don't think I can limit it to just five... here are some off the top of mah head.

I'm not going for "most popular", since you could just google that... these are just associated with special memories for me.

• Red Hot Chili Peppers -- Under the Bridge
    ... you can read about what this song means to me, if you want to read all the way through my thread here

• Ministry -- Jesus built my hotrod (... of special significance because I actually built hotrods)

• L7 -- Pretend that we're dead

• Stone Temple Pilots -- Creep

• Soundgarden -- Rusty Cage
    • Soundgarden -- Outshined
    (I owe lots of different people and things for getting me through the worst of my depressive days, but, Chris Cornell's voice is definitely up near the top of that list)

• Rage Against the Machine -- Killing in the Name...

• Live -- Pain Lives on the Riverside

• Pearl Jam -- Once
    I still think this is the best song from the "Ten" album, despite all the other mega hits from that album.

Incidentally, I went to the same high school as Snoop Dogg and Warren G and a few other heavy hitters of Long Beach hip-top, but most of that didn't crack the surface until '93 or '94. So, not listed here. (:

• Under the Bridge Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Baby Baby Baby TLC
    Jump Around House of Pain
    Damn I wish I was your lover Sophie B Hawkins
    One U2

• I love all of those songs! Big Nirvana fan.

According to the Billboard Top 100's of 1992, the top 5 were
    1 Boyz II Men - End Of The Road
    2 Sir Mix-a-Lot - Baby Got Back
    3 Kris Kross - Jump
    4 Vanessa Williams - Save The Best For Last
    5 TLC - Baby-Baby-Baby

Yeah I know but I don't never really agreed with it though Mariah Carey and Nirvana songs were more popular than those songs

I love Kurt Cobain's personality as much as his music Nirvana has some very underrated songs by the way

I completely agree! :)

• Nirvana! too many songs to list :P

Only four Nirvana songs in 1992 were very popular in 1992 actually (:

• I liked listening to Nirvana (So #1 and #2). I also listened to a lot of R&B and hip hop back then. I liked TLC "What About Your Friends" #3, #4 En Vogue "Free Your Mind", and some dance music like Snap! "Rhythm is a Dancer" #5.

• I wasn't even a thought yet back in 1992 lol

• I wasn't alive at that point

What Guys Said 10