Why Grunge fans hate “Hair” Rock/Metal?

Feelings are mutual mind you!

Just curious about their own point of view, though.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hair metal is generally more upbeat. I love it but I guess grunge fans would probably like something darker.

Most Helpful Guy

• They just don't appreciate the level of skill needed to go into making a song back then. To them, it's just "over produced trash". Never mind that all guitarists in the 80s would've needed to be experts at guitar tech, since they played solos in almost every song. Never mind that a rhythm section in a typical 80s band (bass, drums, keyboards, sax) would've needed countless hours of practice to complement each other, the guitarist, and the singer. Never mind that most of those band members would've also had to have been good singers, since 80s songs often had intricate vocal harmonies. Never mind the amount of skill and dedication needed to be able to pull all of this off live.

Most grunge band members would've never made it in AOR or hair rock bands.

What Girls Said 2

• Because hair metal isn't music, it's stupidity rolled into loud noise

• They're music snobs

What Guys Said 4

• they just dont like the rock star attitude i guess.

• I dont hate it, I just dont prefer it. There are good hair bands, and shitty ones. Just like grunge.

• Love Alice in chains, soundgarden and STP. Also love motley crue, GNR, even some Bon jovi. So uh, yeah I just like good music, no matter the sub genre

• Because it's too much posturing, and too poppy in its attitude and sound.