Would you say reality TV shows are just controlled drama series?

So what I mean is that they just milk the situations in order to create drama and people watching become emotionally attached to certain characters based on how they are portrayed.
All the drama is heavily triggered and orchestrated brilliantly by producers.

It's different from sports where the drama just randomly happens by chance.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• yes.. i'm not a fan of reality tv.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• Oh, for sure. Reality shows are scripted in one way or another to show some drama and keep viewers hooked. The overall idea may be truthful, but they'll add in bits and pieces to make it more interesting.

• They most definitely follow a script.

What Guys Said 5

• yes, they are scripted, maybe more loosely than in normal tv but it is scripted. if there happens nothing in "reality" tv then thats wasted money because it costs money to produce. if the production is shit then it will not bring money in so they use scripts to guide the production. however this is deceiving, they should not be calling it reality tv and pretend its not scripted.

its just like these youtube social experiments, its just created to provoke reaction so you click on the thumbnail and you see an add so they get paid, hence the name clickbait.

• I wouldn't know I don't watch reality shitshows.

• for the most part... yes

• No, I like dramas. I'd say reality tv shows are just crap.

• yepp