What are some good albums to own on vinyl?

My aunt got this turntable a while ago but found she never used it so she gave it to me. Music on vinyl sounds more earthy and organic, so I wanna get some music with this tone as well, as opposed to anything too clean or electronic. But I'd make an exception for electronic music from decades ago. Only thing I got so far is "Born to Die" by Lana Del Rey. Can you suggest some others?

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know about earthy and organic, but The Gaslight Anthem sounds pretty damn good on vinyl.

What Guys Said 1

• old records recorded in mono are great because you hear the music the way it was intended to sound. with CDs and re-masters you actually hear a different version of a song than it was truly intended. with mono certain sounds came from different areas (speakers) and thus your ears heard certain things and your brain put it together in way that is unique... so if you like old school music (like 60s, 70s) those are the vinyls to get. albums like pink floyd, lep zeppelin, black sabbath, the beatles, beach boys, etc really used the mono recordings to create a very distinct sound

Ok, interesting. So I should go to a used record store to find records that were actually made in those eras then.

ideally yes.

modern records are recorded almost entirely in stereo. there are a few artists who have recently recorded in mono, like jack white.