How was the new ghostbusters movie, in YOUR opinion?

This is a follow up from my last question: http://www.girlsaskguys.com/entertainment-arts/q2046853-is-the-new-ghostbusters-trailer-really-that-bad

For those of you who have seen it: Was the movie as bad/good as you expected? Why? Did you watch without any personal bias? If you could sum up the film in one sentence, what would it be?

• I haven't seen it yet, but I do intend to.
  • I haven't seen it and I never will.
  • It was worse than I expected.
  • It was better than I expected.
  • It was worse than I expected but still an okay film
  • It was better than I expected but still a crappy film
  • Other answer/See results

Most Helpful Girl

• Loved the first movie, but the recent remake was SO BAD that even Bill Murray cried. How fucking bad was this movie that it had one of the original actors crying? Jesus. No I will never watch this abomination xD

Most Helpful Guy

• B, just not interested enough since it's just not the same at all anymore as everything is different and changed. If some of the actors and/or characters from the first 2 originally movies had returned then I probably would be more interested to watch it.

I heard Bill Murray had a cameo in it but that is all. Not sure about the rest but the guy that had played Egon in the first 2 movie had died :(

Thanks for MHO!

What Girls Said 4

• None of these. I expected it to be funny and it was. I didn't get caught up in the stupid hype against it and I think some people think the original movies were a lot better than they were. Definitely don't deserve to be enshrined.

• Haven't seen it and have no plans to. I never liked the original either.

• Some clap back on feminism. Because "all the ghost busters were boys". I didn't like the movie. Some parts were funny I guess.

• Just a rehash of the old Ghostbusters only with girls and a guy secretary. The old Ghostbusters were definitely and still is better.

What Guys Said 17

• I have a good friend who saw it with his girlfriend. He said there was a lot of "chick humor" in it. Not sure exactly what that entails, but I'm probably not going to see it either way.

• I've not yet seen it but it's terrible!

How do you know it is terrible if you haven't seen it?

My bad, I didn't realise we had a professional movie critic in the house lol

Funny as a crutch. ; - )

• better than i expected but my expectations were pretty low due to the reviews

• I'm not a fan of remakes. Didn't particularly like it but it was bearable at times. Some laugh out loud moments but I always had a feeling like I was watching highschoolers reenact Shakespeare

• It wasn't a great movie but I was entertained which means it was worth the money I spent.

• I already watched the first ghostbusters so why should I watch a remake? If they did a proper ghostbusters 3 I might of watched it.

• The internet reviews made it seem much worse than it actually was in the end.
    It's not an excellent movie, but neither was the original.

• Don't know, haven't seen it

• never seen it and i dont plan to either.

• I like the cast.

• I didn't see it but I heard it was okay. Not good just okay.

• I thought it would be awfull just like I thought suicide squad would be awful

• i hope its good, yet to see

• it wasn't as bad as everyone told me it was gonna be. not blatantly feminist and stuff but I did feel it a bit. But the movie was just not entertaining to me except for a few good parts. I really wish they had a better script/story for it.

• No interest in seeing it

• Haven't seen it... not interested... appears to be absolute crap!