Get in here! The Godfather Part I v The Godfather Part II v Goodfellas v Scarface (1983); which one is the best gangster movie?

Title asks it all.

(Don't tell me "Scarface isn't a gangster movie," because I know. Don't ask why I put it, I guess I've just always seen it as a gangster flick while knowing fully well that it isnt).

• The Godfather Part I (1972)
  • The Godfather Part II (1974)
  • Goodfellas (1990)
    Vote C
  • Scarface (1983 remake w/ Pacino)
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:

36

Most Helpful Girl

• I am Partial to Goodfellas for sure, @Ayylmao2k16
    None like it here, dear.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• I'm not sure why Goodfellas isn't as popular here. I definitely thought it'd win.

• Oh, okay, hun, sure I will. I think now we are following one another. lolxx

• Thank you for the Vote of Confidence. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• godfather II is my fave... then probably godfather and then Goodfellas. Scarface is cool, fun to watch but not nearly up to the quality of Goodfellas or Godfather

• Yeah, in that exact order for me too.

• Yeah, that contrast of the two dons as well as the downfall of Michael is what gives GF2 an edge over the first one

• agree. seeing his turn really makes the movie more realistic. rather than trying to romanticize him they make him an example of what is most likely to occur with the head of a criminal organization (corrupt, jaded, cold as ice, etc)

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend has spent roughly 90 hours watching scarface. We calculated it out. 90 hours straight. 😂

• The Godfather Part I

What Guys Said 5

• Godfather part 2

• Godfather I put me to sleep almost. Goodfellas was OK. I recently watched Scarface and thought it was slow.

• Scarface slow? I can understand you saying Godfather is a little slow (although I disagree) but Scarface is the furthest thing from slow. It's 100% action packed to the very end.

• No, Scarface is not action packed till the end. I remmber the riot in the "camp" site, the part where he almost got killed by a rival gang in a bathroom, and the very end battle. Everything else was slow.

• Well what about the motel scene? The club shooting scene? Manny's death? Scarface is probably the lowest on the list for me out of these 4, so I'm not biased.

• The Godfather movies are the most well made.
    Scarface is the best for pure in your face badassery.
    And, Goodfellas is the most realistic.

• Scarface > Godfather Part II > Godfather Part I > whole lot of other movies > Goodfellas

• The Godfather Part I (1972)