Who do you go for in the movies?

Who do you go for? The hero or the villain? Who is your favourite comical superhero? And who is your favourite Villain?

• Superheroes
  • Villains

Most Helpful Guy

• i like anti-heroes. i like a world with complex and realistic motivations. people like to justify their actions to themselves, consider themselves righteous or morally superior but ultimately their actions are almost always self serving in some respect. no one goes out and fights crime because they want to help people. they believe in some ideology they need confirmation on, or they have something to gain, or they're fighting a war where a villain to one side is a hero to the other... Even my heroes... Elon musk changed the face of technology and green energy but he did it to make a profit. Erin Pizzey created the first domestic violence shelter because she needed to change the circumstances that disadvantaged her as a child, but ultimately her entire movement was hijacked by a billion dollar industry that killed her dog, threatened her family, corrupted and perverted her ideology, and ran her out of town, and ultimately despite literally risking life and limb for what she believes in, undeniably, they won. I want a movie that captures THAT. Not the world as we wish it was. The world as it actually is. A cruel, fucked up world where the people capable of the most good are the people who align that good with their own self interest, and people who are truly selfless get exploited and stepped on, and there is no recourse. I want a film where a guy just straight up shoots up wall street because they stole his house and home (which i wish people would do instead of shooting up churches). Its not right, its not righteous, and he is not a hero. But its gratifying, and its human.

Most Helpful Girl

• Never the Bad guy, @BleepingBlonde.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

What Guys Said 17

• I think you forgot about "Anti-Heroes".

The perfect example of an Anti-Hero would be The Punisher.

Then there's also Blade, Spawn, Deadpool, and I'm sure there are even more characters that are technically Anti-Heroes.

There's also "Anti-Villains". These villains come in just as many shapes and sizes as "Anti-Heroes" do. Some may wish to make the world a better place but go to antagonistic lengths to do so.

So you mean vigilante?

Partially, but Anti-Heroes are more than just "vigilantes". Google define an Antihero as "a central character in a story, movie, or drama who lacks conventional heroic attributes."

Wikipedia defines an Anti-Hero as the following "An antihero, or antiheroine, is a protagonist who lacks conventional heroic qualities such as idealism, courage, or morality. These individuals often possess dark personality traits such as disagreeableness, dishonesty, and aggressiveness. These characters are usually considered 'conspicuously contrary to an archetypal hero'."

More examples:

Jack Bauer from the T. V. show 24.

Sam and Dean Winchester from Supernatural.

Dr. Gregory House from the T. V. show House.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AntiHero

Thank you, that's actually very interesting😊

• I usually go for whoever looks the coolest or makes me laugh.

I like the Predator because I think he is the coolest looking sci-fi thing I've ever seen in my opinion.
    I also rooted for Jason Vorhees.
    I also rooted FOR the Joker, but AGAINST the others.

• Heroes, iron man ftw
    Some villains though..

• Depends on the Superhero and the Villain.
    My favorite Superheroes are Batman, Wonder Woman, Hulk, Silver Surfer, and Flash. My favorite Villains are The Penguin, Galactus, Dark Phoenix, Vandal Savage, and Doctor Octopus.

• Generally I cheer for the characters that Hollyweird tells us are the villains.
    For example, I am a huge fan of Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine and I think that the Sith code is correct, because it reflects the true order of nature.
    I think that Heath Ledger's Joker was spot on.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiXOectaT9U

• Neither, movie theater's suck! Amazon instant movies !

• i never go to cinema i watch movies at home in my room :)
    but i watch movies for superheros, and my favorite superhero is "Wolveriene"

• I have a soft spot for a villainous badass like Deathstroke from Batman

• I go for chick I'm making out with baha

• Whoever has the biggest/nicest boobs.

• Both depending on who i like more.

• fav hero well its obvious Cyclops aka Scott Summers fav villain hmm i like Joker and Harley and Selene Gallio from the Xmen she is hot as hell.

• I love a great villain! :D

• i vote for villians. My favorite villian is Darth Vader!!!

• Superheroes

• Comic book villain? The joker. Any random villain? Hannibal lecter

• Best superhero movie is Watchmen 10/10.

What Girls Said 6

• whoever makes me hottest!

• Whoever is more funny.

• Heroes.
    Favorite superhero: Batman.
    Favorite villian: Poison Ivy.

• Villians a lot of the time

• It totally depends.

• Matt Damon