Why is the WNBA less supported by fans compared to the NBA?

Autocorrect didn't even capitalize wnba. See. But NBA does. I'm curious is it too boring? If More women dunked then it will get more views?

Most Helpful Girl

• It might be it's "boring", by boring I mean women don't jump that high and look at WNBA game and then at NBA; women play less rough (even though atacks are agressive), more delicate game than men, even though woman players aren't less talented and skilled in WNBA than men in NBA.
    It's not only in USA that women's basketball is leass popular than men's, but in other countries too. For example in my country men's basketball is number one sport while women's bsakteball is dying out in men's basketball shadow.

• And I can add, becasue NBA is more rough and energetic, with a lot of talented and athletic men, that even surprass Europe men's basketball popularity which is less rough, less one star orented, one player performance prised game (more concentration on a team game than in saparate star players game if compare with NBA), and fans like stars, likes to worship something. WNBA don't have such big stars as in NBA, but maybe because there is no big support either, so it's closed circle.

What Guys Said 13

• in my opinion the nba is more exciting because the players are bigger, stronger, faster, and capable of more.

it is also the simple fact that the NBA has existed for about 80 years and the WNBA may be what 20-25 years old?

• 1- NBA has been around longer
    2- the NBA and networks fucked up the marketing for the wnba
    3- lack of skill... Relatively
    4- no cool dunks
    5- less marketable players and teams. Especially from the college level
    6- most of the girls are butch as fuck

• That's pretty much true for most sports. It's cute to watch the girls play, but fans want to see the men play in the NBA because they're some of the best athletes in the world.

• Generally, women's sports aren't as popular as men's (the only exception being women's tennis and women's soccer).

• NBA's been around longer, men are better at it, people shove more money into it for this reason, people like the players

• Because it's existed longer and is fully established with its own stars and junk. Why would you watch another version when you could watch the one with the people you already like? It's like choosing between Dark Souls or Lord of the Fallen.

• Because it's not as entertaining as watching men play because they are faster, dunk more, have more famous stars, etc.

• Can you tell me who won the last WNBA championship without google?
    Women don't support it with viewership.
    Its a lower quality of ball.(Men are faster, stronger, more athletic)

• because they are not as good

• Better brand and player recognition.

• I don't even like watching NBA either. I like football where someone can get smashed!
    Hard hitting sports like that and MMA interest me.

• I'm not sure why, the the US women are so fun to watch in basically every sport in the Olmypics. They tend to dominate.

• There are guys on here, who hate women, and believe that they shouldn't be doing things such as. I'm not one of them

What Girls Said 4

• It's like that for most women's sports. It's all about the money. Men's sports get more viewership, therefore more money.

• NBA was the standard which is why the WNBA needs the modifier W for 'Womens'. Male athletes do better than female ones on average.

• The NBA has been around longer and has a bigger market than the WNBA.

• Hard to say tbh