What should I name my villian in my book?

Sooo I'm attempting to write a story. I'm looking for a good first and last name for my female character. Was thinking Coraline (Cora), Drusilla (Dru), or Cordelia? But any other opinion is welcome, please!

0|0
5|6

Most Helpful Guy

• You should try to get the name yourself because naming characters is difficult, and chances are, if you take a name someone else gives you, it'll never quite fit and it'll always bug you.
    It's often useful to just play around with sounds, creating new names, or accidentally stumbling across existing ones. Get a general length and starting place for a name, and then swap out vowels, consonant groups, and sounds.
    Good luck!

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• How bout Hillary?

1|1
    0|0
    • 3mo

How about you leave?

• Show All
    • 3mo

Oh sorry for the miscommunication

• 3mo

It's all good

What Guys Said 5

• I'm writting my stories as well - an advantage I have is that English is not my native so I can easily take words from my native language and just turn them in to names.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hillary Rodham Clinton.

1|0
    0|1
  • Can I know more about the character and the story?

It's partially out of interest as I'm also an aspiring author, and depending on her backstory and her personality, she could have a title

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

I think I'm gonna go with a Harley Quinn type of person.. Maybe even something to do with Joker.. But no Harley..

• 3mo

So sadistic and mental illness? Then Cutthroat or something like that

• 3mo

Yes basically

• So I'm guessing you've watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer then?

You should name her Vilana Ice.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

LOVE BUFFY 😍😍

• Show All
    • 3mo

Or ill just hit you up😂

• 3mo

Yeah you do it since you are anonymous so I can't click on you. I don't remember everything though because it has been years though, but I do have all 7 seasons on DVD.

• donella trump

1|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Holy shit that's beautiful I'm naming my daughter that

• 3mo

@outmyroom ha ha. figures you would.

What Girls Said 4

• Amelia Estrogen.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would help if you characterized the villain a bit so I can imagine how they are

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Probably a Harley Quinn type of bad ass bitch😂

• 3mo

Lmao okay so right off the bat I'll tell you that Cordelia sounds like the name of a rich, English woman. Like "Cordelia your spot o' tea is ready". And Coraline sounds too conventional for a badass villain.
      Not really a fan of Drusilla but I feel like a small adjustment to it would make it for the character better. I can't really put my finger on it yet.

• Cordelia is a good name.

0|0
    0|0
  • Using odd names is soooooo amateur. Use a common name or you just sound like a 15 year old with a wattpad account.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Maybe I don't want a common name