Why the hell do people still buy cable when hulu and netflix combined are way cheaper for the same thing?

people need to get with the times

Most Helpful Girl

• Not everyone are skilled in using the computer, it is easier to change a channel on a TV with your remote control and like some say internet programming does not have many programs that cable provides. I will stick to cable even if I could use Netflix or Hulu. I dont have lapt top anyway or a tablet. so for me cable tv is much better, The only time I can say I could watch over the internet, is when you are traveling or on the road and stucked somewhere where there is no TV available, but that is the only way I could watct TV programs or movies over the internet.

Most Helpful Guy

• The downside is that cable companies are seeing people 'cut the cord' and give up cable TV and only purchase internet through them and since this leads to a large revenue loss for them, they are now putting monthly data limits on their internet.

Many may think they don't do enough to burn through their monthly limit so it doesn't matter, but when an entire family of 4 or 5 or whatever all want to watch streaming programs constantly, especially in 4k now, it burns through data like crazy.

They don't generally just throttle you now. They straight up charge you for any amount you go over by a decent amount.

What Girls Said 12

• The Red Zone, ESPN, the SEC channel, Fox Sports.

• some people want to see the news, media, euronews, etc. Therefore they pay the price! I say the same thing though. I use my laptop anyway, so I dont even watch tv.

• Neflix sucks to be honest. Most of what I watch isn't in there

Yup the Walking Dead, Dexter, Making A Murderer, Orange Is The New Black, Lost, House M. D. and more definitely suck m8

How many of the above have u watched?

@Maxemeister Tried the walking dead and house and didn't like them. Have watched Dexter. Did not watch any of the others

• Lol! Agreed! Prolly just sticking to what's familiar for them.

• Plus there's reinierland duh lmfao.
    I pay for cable because my daughter loves peppy pig and it's not in Netflix or Hulu. Honestly I pay for all three things ugh

I've never seen Peppy Pig. :-P

Shit I meant peppa pig *
      But you don't want to watch it trust me. Most annoying children's show I've ever seen

• Because that's what they prefer.
    They don't need to get with the times if they can afford what they like.

• I ask myself the same question

• Not every show, especially new ones are on hulu /netflix

• Because you want to see the show when it airs or just like random background noise.

• Sports, mostly. Though PlayStation Vue is kicking up some changes in that area, thank goodness.

• They're old fashioned and want to connect cable to their TV

• Their answer would be because they receive home phone, cell phone, and wifi plus other channels or shows that hulu doesn't have and not have to wait to watch movies and shows basically once you can get them on DVD on Netflix.

But my answer is so I can get free cable and WiFi without having to pay 😁

Each service is charged separate, someone can get just Internet from their cable company without cable or phone

That's not true you save way more when paying for it like a triple play than paying for it separately and most people actually want cable and phone service.

What Guys Said 16

• Netflix has a limited supply. And nothing is in real time. It also doesn't come with PEG channels, Justice Network, etc.

I don't trust Hulu. I don't have cable, but I don't entirely fault those who do. My grandpa only still has cable for one reason: my grandma doesn't know how to live without Fox News. Otherwise, their cable subscription would have been gone a long time ago.

• I've been asking myself this very question for months.

The only reason I still have cable is because of the Tennis Channel, which isn't available streaming, and I like some of the more obscure channels and shows that also aren't on Netflix or Hulu.

But it's getting rarer and rarer for me to find anything worthwhile on TV. It's SO bad that it actually hurts my head to watch some of it, and the commercials have just gone out of control.

• Because even with Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime combined, you can still miss out on a LOT of programming. I view those services are supplements to cable/satellite, not a full replacement.

• Because cable has live content plus cable has more content that isn't available on Netflix or hulu. Also not everyone has super fast internet to them or their internet has a data cap, and streaming services like Netflix and Hulu can really eat up data.

• Hulu and Netflix aren't live TV and they don't have news or anything, so even though I don't watch tv, I understand why people would want it
    What I have is Roku and I use netflix, amazon prime, and hbo, then I use my brothers Verizon account to get the news. I also bought this antenna and I can pick up just a few stations. I'm only using it to watch the Olympics

• It's not, it's really not. Just finished 4 years of only relying on internet and no cable and you miss out on alot'.

• news is on cable.

• Stupid question. Netflix, and Hulu are nowhere near the same.

• Hulu is about to stop free streaming, might cut hulu off after they stop free streaming.

• both still suck

• I don't know, they just like cables

• The only reason I even bothered with Netflix was to watch the daredevil series. And you can't get local on either. And football season is starting now

• Netflix = a bunch of weird ass movies/series. Satellite/cable have news (not facebook news), a wide variety of shows and it's easier to leave on the tv on a sleep timer when you go to bed.

• Lol there are still movie rental stores near by my home. To be honest i Dont know how they still pay rent.

• netflix doesn't have the olympics, or any other channel i watch

• Yeah true since there is streaming for most things now but you still need the Internet for it

i have internet through a cable provider but that is it

Yeah I figured