Do you think that female YouTubers abuse their "assets" to gain more subscribers?

I've noticed that if a female YouTuber is wearing a tank top and showing cleavage or their derriere, they will gain more followers than any male YouTuber despite whatever subject they are covering. For instance, MindlessZombieGamer, about a month, has 44 subscribers and Davidhulk, over a year old, has 66. Both of these do male game commentaries. GirlGamer has 104 subscribers, nearly both males combined, and has only been on YouTube for a year with 17 videos. MindlessZombieGamer has 8 videos. Davidhulk has 20 videos. Is it because she is a girl or is it because her videos are just better than theirs combined?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like every youtuber is going to use the assets they can to get as many views as they can. Like for instance, many youtubers use clickbait titles and sexual thumbnails to entice a click. (Often in the humorous "PRANK GONE SEXUAL PEWDIEPIE EXPOSED?" sort of fashion.) It's a competitive market. I wouldn't call it necessarily abuse. It's just kind of an inherent advantage perputrated by the viewer's psychology.

From that, it just so happens that more guys would click on a video showing extreme cleavage compared to girls clicking on a video showing a dick. It's just how the mind works I guess lol.

I don't think it will make a defining difference, but it makes a difference nonetheless. Like if a girl has completely crap videos, she'll be beaten out by the guy with good videos. However, it does increase views for sure. As it's often said, "sex sells."

Most Helpful Girl

• They're all full of it and they all copy eachother its so annoying they lack originality

What Guys Said 8

• Of course they do. Don't even see how that is a question. Sex sells.

But why? Is it just because they are girls or are their videos still better?

Because they are girls. Just look at twitch. There are females who have literally no entertainment value nor are any good at the games they play and they still are in the top10 most watched streams.

Sex sells. And women are better at selling sex than men are.

• Seen a few that do, yes. Whether by showing cleavage [lots of it] or walking around the house semi-naked. I don't really care.

• Of course they do just like the female twitch channels
    They wear those low cut tops and push up bras for a reason

• maybe some of them do

• I assume some do, but not very many.

• Yeah. Buy if they can, then I'll make videos in my underwear to see how much girls I attract 😂

• im sure some do... its easier for women to do that because of the breasts.. women dont have to go out of their way to show you their big tits while a man can have a 10" cock but it can't be used to draw attention because it is hidden away in his pants and not visible

• No I doubt that

What Girls Said 1

• "Abuse"? No. Not at all. It's the power of pretty. Girls and guys that have it, should utilize any and all assets they have to promote their business. I believe pretty only gets you so far though. They may tune in initially for how you look but they'll stay for what you have to say.

Maybe. I like what you are saying though Sarah. You do have a point. Pretty only gets you so far.