Death Note: what do you think of the character Light Yagami? Would you consider him to be a hero, villain, anti-hero, or psychopath?

• hero
  • villain
  • anti-hero
  • psychopath

Most Helpful Girl

• I liked his character but he was pretty sick, I thought that he was a good guy at first because he killed criminals in act. But when he got crazy and just killed every single criminal that was already in prison and called that justice I made my mind up and thought that guy went insane especially when he said he'll be ''God'' one day.

Most Helpful Guy

• Light had a crazy God Complex... Which I sort of get, he was supposedly one of the smartest people ever, athletic, and attractive- the best at everything he ever did. I understand to him, a world free of crime was noble and worth any cost- and who better to dictate what was and was not a crime than someone supposedly better than everyone else? His downfall and first telling of how insane he was for me, was when he killed the FBI guys wife, but in a game way... I sort of understood him killing the FBI, he wanted to keep doing what he wanted, but to do it in an unnecessarily cruel way was telling to me. Also the elation he got from his hide and seek with N seemed more like for the fun of it than survival.

Anyone can kill and be a bad person- a true psychopath is someone who gets pleasure purely from the act of killing.

My question to you, do you think N let Light win in the end and the foot bath scene was his way of accepting Light as his 'God.'?

Perhaps L had given up, but perhaps he had hoped that one of his successors would pick up where he left off and catch Kira.

What Girls Said 4

• At first I regarded him as an anti hero. But as the series went on, he got more and more out of control so I voted psychopath.

• Killing completely innocent people who weren't opposing him any way and being willing to kill his sister only so people wouldn't know who he is? More like villain

• All the above or at least the last 3 he's the hero of the story but he's also a villian and villians are also anti-heros because the don't have heroic qualties. He also lacks empathy to the point of being a psychopath he's also a narcissist.

• Dumb vigilante who's got megalomania.

What Guys Said 3

• I pressed villain before I read psychopath. In truth, he's everything besides a hero - as noble as the intentions may have been, he still was no better than the people he sentenced to death.

• Hero to me!! He wanted to make the world a better place. He killed criminals. Creating Kira, that people feared but also believed in. The world grew safer until cops... like always.. wanted to put a stop to the vigilante.

He is the hero.

• psychopath