Would you be able to identify your favorite musicians' playing style?

Every musician has his or her own unique style of playing and writing music. But if you've listened to someone enough, would you be able to tell if they were playing something totally random? Like if a famous guitar player plugged in his rig and just started jamming out and you didn't see who it was, would you be able to hear what he was playing and know "Hey, that's so-and-so from such-and-such band!" Or if a famous piano player had written a lot of his own music and he starts playing something random, would you be able to identify whom it is?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• yeah usually i can

Whom would you be able to point out?

I could probably pick out Mark Tremonti because his sound is a beautiful mix of blues and neo-classical. He'll also do some type of legato run and mix in a bunch of pinch harmonics.

Glenn Tipton will occasionally do a rapidly ascending palm-mute on the lower notes. Plus, the guy who replaced Downing just has a much more... I guess "modern" style, I don't know how else to describe it.

Tony Iommi has a very gothic sound to his riffs. His solos are very blues-influenced and he does a lot of unison bends. He has to rely on pentatonics a lot, but that's because of his injury. He's probably wouldn't be that hard to point out, but that's not really a bad thing. He's unique enough. Zakk Wylde, on the other hand? Literally, all his solos and riffs sound... exactly... the same.

I could probably also identify Kirk Hammett and James Hetfield if they were playing individually.

Still trying to figure out the guys from Iron Maiden.

yeah guitar players are usually the easiest to pick out because of their distinct style. like recognizing hendrix is usually pretty easy

• I might be able to recognize certain guitar players like Kirk Hammett (Metallica), and maybe drummers like Mike Portnoy (ex-Dream Theater) or Chris Adler (Lamb of God/Megadeth's latest album).

• Yeah, It is like Morzat you can see him base on classical period then understand whr beethoven fuck up it. chopin is typical. Rachmaninoff always like slavic heavy depression