Did they way men are portrayed in the media effect how you viewed men in real life? If so, how?

Maybe I'm just looking at a small portion what's on television and in movies today, but it just seems to me that men are frequently portrayed as lazy, sex-crazed, stupid, and cowardly oafs.

I don't know. Again, maybe I'm just looking at one piece of the puzzle here. Still I must wonder. How does the way men are portrayed in the media effect how you view them, if it even does at all? What do you think of how they are portrayed.

And please do correct me if I am just looking at a minority of media portrayals (I don't watch that much television these days).

Most Helpful Girl

• I just looked at what men are in real life, I dont pay attention to the portrayl of anyone in the media

Most Helpful Guy

• No, they're playing to tropes. Consider how many commercials where the husband or dad is helpless at some household task or looking after the kids, until along comes his wife to roll her eyes good naturedly and rescue him.

What Girls Said 3

• This does not affect the way I think of men at all, it's just how the media shows it and since when was the media always correct? I know plenty of men who aren't the way the media portrays them these days.

• when I was younger cause of the way men were generaly portrayed I thought men are sex driven, brave and initiative, but soon I learned: nope, that is not the reality. There are guys like that but majority is not

• Nope I never compare anything to what I see on tv or believe it. Not even when I was a little kid.

What Guys Said 1

• Not really at all