The Chicken Coop Murders. The real story behind the movie "The Changeling". Have you ever heard or read about this?

How fucked up is this? I just happened to hear this story today. I'm not all that into horror/scream movies, so I've never seen The Changeling, but I've heard of it. There are several books from various angles about this fucked up perverted murderer... including one about his nephew Sanford Clark (The Road Out Of Hell) who survived the ordeal, and amazingly came out fairly "normal'.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever read about these heinous crimes back in 1928. One documentary I saw, pointed out that it was much easier to be "a creeper" back then without raising suspicion... as well as the lack of telephones in the average home.

http://murderpedia.org/male.N/n/northcott-gordon.htm

The Chicken Coop Murders. The real story behind the movie

Most Helpful Guy

• I had never heard of those murders. There were many grisly and bizarre events hidden in the decades of the 1920's and 1930's, primarily due to the inefficiency in news distribution/dissemination. Undoubtedly, if this happened today, many would be protesting his death penalty!

True, but then he'd have likely been raped and murdered in prison.

The American Eugenics Movement being one of them. It is amazing really that in light of how much awareness the defeat of Nazi Germany entailed, we were able to sweep our own history and role in their atrocities under the rug.

Thanks for MHO. Congratulations on last night's victory!

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

What Girls Said 14

• You should watch the Changeling. It's not a horror movie at all. It's based on what happened. It bothered me for a while. I could only imagine a mother coming home from work, and your child is missing. She died not knowing what really happened to her child. I did research on the murders out of pure curiosity from watching the movie and I found that the murders were in fact real just based on different circumstances.

Yeah there was an older version of the movie also. Not sure if it was closer to the real story or not.

• I've never read about them but i saw the changeling. i think its the most awful thing in the world i dont understand why things his heartbreaking happen. it is so so unfair that one sick individual can destroy and ruin so many lives. i wish i could go back in time and protect those kids it makes me feel so sick and depressed inside

• I have seen the changeling and they made it seem like the nephew had men manipulated/threatened by the uncle to help.

Yeah that's what the documentary said as well. The DA chose not to prosecute him. And he grew up, got married, and had a family.

• Creepy!!
    Is this a new movie with Angelina?
    I had heard of the Changeling but thought it was an old 70's or 80's movie.

• I saw the movie with Angelina Jolie. It's a very touching story. I heard so many conspiracy theories. For instance, the little boy's named Walter dad (who was in prison when it happened) said that Walter's kidnapping had to do with him, sorta like a retaliation thing. It's so sad that she died without ever finding her son😔.

• I've heard about the movie but never watched it. What a terrible thing to go through, those poor kids. And the family members, to know your kid went through that :/

• Hmm never heard about it but it definitely doesn't surprise me. There are some fucked up people in this world.

I've always found cannibalism the most intriguing though. Did you hear about the 19 yr old who killed a couple and then ate the face off the man in Florida this past week?

• Yes, I read about this when I went down the rabbit hole of mysterious murders and serial killers. I just kept reading. I never saw the Changeling movie, but I want to some day.

• I'm somewhat of a true crime aficionado so yeah I'd heard of this before. It's a tragic case tbh.

• Wow no I haven't but horror tragedies always catch my interest.

• Never heard of it.

• the ending of the video, what an understatement

• I remember the real story from long time ago

• Yeah I have, my moms obsessed with murderers so I know a lot