Musiclovers, can you help me out?

Hi there GOG! Lately i've been thinking about something but I really don't know where to start, so I hope there are musiclovers out here who can help me with this.

Okay so the deal is: I listen to very crappy music. For a while I've been wanting to expand my musical interests. The only thing is, when I want to put some music on, I don't know where to start looking for something else (I use Spotify, which isn't very much of a help for finding good music in a more artistic way rather than commercial). Then i still end up putting on some top 40 crap, because that is what I know and gives me quick satisfaction.

So are there any people here with decent taste that can recommend me certain music? What or who are "Musts" to know or listen to, or certain "classics" that are still great (and why is it great). I like getting to know "classics" because then i can put it in historical context and I like that :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what kind of music you want to get into, but I would suggest AOR / melodic rock from the 80s. It's very classic and really makes you feel like you've taken a time machine back 30 years ago. There's a lot of guitar, a lot of synth, and even some sax. Start with the big hit bands like Journey, then work your way down to the obscure bands like The Breaks and Drama. There really is so much to take out of this genre. Of course, I would recommend it, but only if that's something you'd be into

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I am a music lover but it will be hard to answer your question if you can't even narrow it down to some sort of genre or category. I mean there is everything from Classical Music to Gangsta Rap to Black Metal. If you narrow it down a bit, maybe we can help you with who to listen to in what category. Also, after narrowing it down to a musical genre, you may wanna look up that genre on Wikipedia or AllMusic. com and they list the top artists within that genre and that may give you a start. And if you like what you hear, you can go deeper in to that genre and explore some more.

What Guys Said 5

What Girls Said 1

• You just have to filter through the popular ones and find artists that you sincerely like. Everyone has different musical tastes, you need to find your own.