Best TV brand? Ever bought a refurbished TV?

Most Helpful Guy

• We have an LG and have been extremely happy with it. As for refurbished, tosy's TVs are completely different that before digital. If a TV has a problem right after it is initially purchased, and the factory takes it back, fixes it, then sells it again with the same warranty as when new, it is usually a good deal and will not five you any problems. But if someone else tries to fix it, it is likely not a complete fix and check-out, so I would avoid those.

It's through Sears or Walmart so I guess it went back right?

So I should I check the actual company website?

That sounds like a good idea.

Most Helpful Girl

• We have a Samsung and are very happy with it. Before that I had a Toshiba

My boyfriend had a Sony before and it was good but as soon as we got the Samsung and we saw the difference... Samsung is the way forward

Depends on the model...
      When we bought ours I happened to work for the shop so we got 12% off.

Considering you are saying it's expensive I'm assuming you are looking to get a big one? 50"+?

What Guys Said 5

• Only go refurbished if it comes with a good/decent warranty. No such thing as best brand, but their are good brands, such as Sony, LG, Samsung, sharp. Insignia and vizio are decent if your on a budget. Remember you can't go solly based on brand, as top quality brands can have a bad model. Always read reviews and compare features to get the best bang for the buck.

• Everyone will probably say Samsung. I have two of em and don't the picture quality, it's clear but over saturated. I personally like Vizio's video quality better thought there are plenty of great brands like LG, Sony, and Sharp, up to you to choose which you like best.

What about tcl or hisense?

Had no experience with TCL and don't usually here too much about it but I have had a Hisense. Video quality was actually pretty good but I thought that sound was lacking :/ Gave it to a friend and he's had it for a year with no problems. Their TVs are also quite slim and sleek.

• Samsung I think makes the best TVs. I've seen them all close together in stores other than Best Buy. They are usually the most expensive ones though. I currently have a 6 year old Toshiba that is still going strong because it was the best priced and highest quality picture I saw at the time.

• I have an LG and it's done great for me. Samsung, Toshiba and Panasonic are also good brands. I would be wary of a refurb unless it was a factory refurb and came with a warranty.

• I have a Hisense TV and a Toshiba. The hisense is the slightly better but also the slightly newer.
    They both do what they are made for.

What Girls Said 3

• LG, Sony, Samsung, and Panasonic are all pretty good tv brands.

I have a larger Samsung LED tv downstairs and a LG LED one in my room. I think both are good. My parents have a Panasonic and I thought it was also good. I have not bought a refurbished one.

• we always go with Sony

• Sony, Panasonic and Samsung I would say