Let's talk about what books we are currently reading please include, title and author, genre, quote, and if you like it so far. So whatcha readin'?

Let's talk about what books we are currently reading please include, title and author, genre, quote, and if you like it so far. So whatcha readin'?"If her kindness killed, than she was better off dead than living a cold, unfeeling life where she misered up all her feeling and possessions."
Paranormal Romance
I like the mix of Greek mythology and the paranormal elements but I don't like the couple's chemistry.
"What would you say if I told you I did it for you?" She smiles, and it fills me with wariness and lust. "I would say do it again, my Grim Reaper."
The Arcana Chronicles a Fantasy Dystopia YA series. This one is a collection of short stories that tells the events before the apocalypse from different character's perspectives. Its pretty neat because the story is normally told from the main character Evie's perspective. It was initially put together for the screenplay of the T. V. series.
“I held up my Gray’s Anatomy by way of answering. She huffed. "Why don’t you just watch the TV show instead of reading that big fat book?”
I dont read Contemporary Romance often but I HAD to make an exception this time. The hero is a CEO of an online gaming company. The heroine is a medical student and game blogger she auctions off her virginity online it rubs me the wrong way but I'm not as annoyed by it as I thought I would be and the geeky references! I may even read the rest of the series its called, Gaming the System. This combines my love of video games and romance novels!
"But back at the start, when she'd still been hopeful of winning a small piece of his heart... Abe had held her, teased her, made her believe she, too, could have her own happy ending. That such endings weren't just for beautiful people with perfect lives, but for the broken and scarred too."
Romance
I love Nalini her writing style is beautiful. This couple divorced once the way I see it if it didn't work out the first time it shouldn't work out a second but this book is great. The characters are scarred by their pasts yet are just more beautiful and stronger for it. I want it to work out they love each other so much they deserve to be together.

Most Helpful Guy

• I just finished The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
    “As honest as you can expect a man to be in a world where its going out of style.”
    ― Raymond Chandler, The Big Sleep
    “Being a copper I like to see the law win. I'd like to see the flashy well-dressed mugs like Eddie Mars spoiling their manicures in the rock quarry at Folsom, alongside of the poor little slum-bred guys that got knocked over on their first caper amd never had a break since. That's what I'd like. You and me both lived too long to think I'm likely to see it happen. Not in this town, not in any town half this size, in any part of this wide, green and beautiful U. S. A. We just don't run our country that way.”
    ― Raymond Chandler, The Big Sleep
    “I looked down at the chessboard. The move with the knight was wrong. I put it back where I had moved it from. Knights had no meaning in this game. It wasn't a game for knights.”
    ― Raymond Chandler, The Big Sleep
    www.greatamericanthings.net/.../...gspotdotcom.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business", by Charles Duhigg.

Genre: Nonfiction, Science, Psychology, Personal Development, Business

"This is the real power of habit: the insight that your habits are what you choose them to be."

"Willpower isn’t just a skill. It’s a muscle, like the muscles in your arms or legs, and it gets tired as it works harder, so there’s less power left over for other things."

This book's about the science behind habits - how and why they're developed, and the ways they can be changed. I really love it so far; it's actually changing the way I view my life. While reading it, I've been more self-aware than ever about the collection of habits I've acquired over the years, both good and bad. I want to start applying what I've learned to make some positive changes, and make my life easier on top of that. If you can trick yourself into changing a bad habit into a good one, and don't have to rely solely on will power to keep it going, that's a great advantage.

It's also written very well, and is research and evidence-based, which is important to me, while not being dry or boring. It's a fascinating book so far, and not difficult to read through.

--------------

"Lead", by Kylie Scott.

Genre: Romance

"That smile could move mountains. It could also break hearts."

This one's purely a guilty pleasure read, lol. It's about
    a rockstar, lead singer Jimmy Ferris, who's battling addiction and unexpectedly gets a new assistant, a girl named Lena, who's supposed to keep him out of trouble. He's had 5-6 others try to deal with him and quit, but his band thinks she could be up to the task.

I only just started reading it, but I really like her smart-ass attitude and sass, along with her clearly caring and empathetic personality. Plus, he has that "bad boy", surly attitude and sexiness thing going on. They clash, and so far she wants to help and is trying to keep it professional, but his antics are making her seriously consider quitting.

We'll see how the rest goes!

Don't ever feel guilty for reading a romance novel there's nothing wrong with that.

Try not to become too self-aware due to that Psychology book or it may do more harm than good. ;)

I'll keep that in mind haha.

What Guys Said 13

• I'm just starting the series Heart of a Warrior by Kariss Lynch. My freind suggest the series so I looked it up and it sounds interesting. Now I just need to wait for the library to get the book in.

That sounds like a romance novel and what do ya know it is! Do you read Christian Romance often or are you reading it just because a friend suggested it to you?

I'd rather wait than have to buy it and wait.

Yeah no sense going to all that trouble for a book you may not even like.

• Smooth Operator by Stuart Woods. It's a mystery and is pure mind candy.

Oooo candy and the best kind to! 😋

Thanks.

It's my pleasure. On Amazon Prime, I've also really loved Catastrophe. It's a hoot.

• I'm currently reading "Going Home" by A. American
    Its a science fiction about a survivalist trying to get back to his family, when an emp goes off while he is on a road trip.
    Kindle tells me im only 30% through but so far my favorite quote is when a girl is freaking out over some dead bodies and says she was prepared to not eat, sleep outside, & go to the bathroom out side, but she wasn't prepared for mad max
    And his response is "Listen to me. Do I look like Mad Max"... pause..."I've already killed three people since this thing started."

• I am reading
    A beautiful mind - Sylvia Nasar
    (Should had read it a long while ago, I know :( )
    Rich Dad poor dad - Robert Kiyosaki

I loved the movie it was so moving I could really feel his struggles. How's the book so far is it just as good?

I actually just got a xiomi phone, but I don't read books on phone, screen's too small for me.
      Also I prefer to read whipe the audio is playing sinultaneously. I don't think I'll be able to absorb by just listening.

Don't knock til you try it you can always adjust the front size think about the awesomeness of being able to read anywhere!

• sadly haven't had time to read much recently. i'm been trying to get through Autumn of The Patriarch but haven't been able to get through the first chapter... life keeps me from diving in

Aw thats a shame. Hopefully you'll be able to read it soon.

• Sea of Thunder by Evan Thomas

The history surrounding the Battle of the Leyte Gulf in WW2. It documents the events and lives of two American and two Japanese admirals leading up to their ultimate confrontation in the battle.

• Currently going through Arnaldur Indriðason's books. Crime novels. I like them a lot. I'd have to look up what its English title is, but I just started reading the fourth one.

• 0|1
  • tony Robbins - awakening the giant within
    mind blogging!

• I actually haven't read a good book in a long time, lol. The last book I read was last year: The Hunt for Atlantis. Really rocked.

You haven't read anything? You should get back to it reading fiction is good for the brain you know.

Of course I know that. But I haven't had nearly the time for it like I used to.

That's a shame. :(

• HA

BOOKS

I LAUGH

• Generation Identiy by Markus Willinger, shows great insight into where we went wrong.

• Hmmm, ever since i was young i had this burning desire to "live"... so i never really read from the beginning. My adventures have all taken place outside the book... like travelling to weird locations... serving in the military... becoming an engineer... spent time as a fireman... and many many other things.

What would you recommend to someone who wants to start reading to get better at English? much appreciated :)

Not sure. Do you have a particular genre and level of difficulty in mind?

No problem.

Great, i will get myself a copy and start to read. Thank you for the start. I look forward to it.

Thanks :)

What Girls Said 10

• I'm currently on book two of Charlie Higson's The Enemy series. It's a dystopian zombie apocalypse-esque novel that takes place in London where the illness only affects people 16 years of age and older. So it's young kids fighting to survive. It reminds me of a hybrid between the Hunger Games, the Maze Runner, and the Walking Dead. Very good read and well written, even though it is considered a teen novel.
    "There was a reason these boys were still alive, though. Something made them stronger than the other kids, the ones who had died in the early days, who had simply lain down and given up, unable to cope with the terrible things that were happening in the world. These boys were survivors. The will to live was stronger than any other feelings.”

• Wow you're reading a lot of books simultaneously :o

I'm currently on "Hollow City" by Ransom Riggs which is the second sequel to the Miss Peregrine series and I like it a lot - it's a very exciting & creatively written read but overall there's other fantasy series I've enjoyed more like the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - probably my favourite author in the fantasy genre.

My favourite quote however is "I never remember nice dreams; only the bad ones stick." - it's a very simple line but so relatable for me, somehow it just stayed in my memory.

I've also started "A Little Life" by Hanya Yanagihara a while ago which I must admit I've mainly bought because of the many positive reviews it's cover is plastered with but I can't say it's that "astonishing" or "addictive" so far but quite possibly I just haven't read enough of it yet.

If you want another series similar to Mortal Instruments you should look for books in the Urban Fantasy sub-genre. Honestly I stop after book 1 in the Mortal Instruments series back in High School the whole my boyfriends my brother thing freak me out immensely. That was probably because the story suck me in so much I felt her panic. I will have to try again someday.
      So this book blurs genre lines a bit (Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance are kissing cousins after all) but you could try Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh. It has mystery, supernatural elements (both angels and vampires are in it), and a kick ass heroine.

Yeah I read a lot. I had a hard time meeting the word limit when writing the question I kept exceeding it.

I'll look into that, thank you for the suggestion!
      & yeah I feel you, I tend to get really excited when talking about good books, too :D

• I just finished The Girls, a fictionalization take on how a young girl couldve gotten caught up in a Mansonesque cult. Pretty good!

I'm also listening to the second book of The Magicians series by Lev Grossman on audiobook.

I think the next book I am going to start reading is American Prometheus about J. Robert Oppenheimer, who is considered the "father of the atomic bomb."

• I'm currently reading a bunch of Carl Sagan books, the last one was A Demon Haunted World, very good book

I just looked it up looks interesting learning critical and skeptical thinking is pretty important and I am a science major which makes it double important for me. I'll put in my to be read pile.

Yay! Everyone needs to learn critical and skeptical thinking, but it's doubly important for science majors like us

• I am going to start "738 Days" by Stacey Kade. It's a contemporary romance novel, but I'm waiting for my friend to finish it so I can borrow it.

I'll let you slide this once but next time I better see some results! I think I'll keep asking this question every week or every two weeks at least.

Yeah that's way I gave you the thumbs up. I'm just playfully jabbing ya. :P

Oh yeah, I know! :P

• Not sure if you would be interested or count for that matter. XD Mainly because their manga. :D

• I don't like reading

Why not?

Don't really have the attention span and it bores me.
      I like audio books though.

For me it depends on the book I also listen to audio books I think they count because you are still processing the information. Sometimes if I have listen to a book and if I go back to reading it I can't remember what parts I read and what parts I listened to.

• Does my Physics, Biology, and Sociology textbook count?

Nope. I would prefer it be fiction but nonfiction is also acceptable if you are reading it for yourself.

Sadly I dont have the time to read fiction at the moment, unless it is assigned

Aw that's too bad. I'll make an exception for assigned fiction then.

• The Catcher in the Rye

• Lux Consequences, Jennifer L. Armentrout