Now that paper back is out dated what do you think that they should be used for? Or how do you use your books?

Like it or not in this day and age having a personal library beyond your favorite books is just a space waster. All of the books that you could ever want will fit on your tablet. A whole library can now fit in the physical space of one book. So what do you like to do with the paper back books that you purchase?

I personally like to buy a good book read it and sign my name on the inside of the cover before I give it away to someone that will hopefully enjoy it also. I also hope that they do the same thing and pass on the book after writing their name inside.

Before the hate comments start rolling in I'm not saying that it is a bad thing to have a personal collection I'm just saying that a personal collection should just be a small one bookshelf of your favorite books anything more is unnessicary.

0|0
7|4

Most Helpful Girl

• Says the man without the tablet or smartphone. :P
    I actually still buy some physically copies from my favorite authors and I will buy the libraries retired books sometimes. When I have my own house I want to create a bookshelf dedicated to my favorites. #lifegoals

2|1
    0|0
    • 3mo

I have a tablet I just can't use the kindle app on it.

• Show All
    • 3mo

@May10th1994 Okay I forgive you for this transgression. Physical books are awesome. Sorry about your mom. :(

• 3mo

True physical books are usually better and you can do so much with them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I still have my little "library" i read on a kindle now because like you said i can fit 5000 books on my little 3" x 5" kindle and everything is cheaper
    That being said i only buy paper backs or hard covers of my absolute favorite books and books id like to have a copy of because i think its cool

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I keep them. I am going to have my own personal library even if it kills me. And not on a kindle. Kindles are stupid.

1|2
    0|0
  • I only buy physical books for school (which I resell) and also books that I really love and will read again. Libraries always need you to donate books, so that's where I'm planning to take some of mine. It just seems wrong to throw books away.

0|1
    0|0
    • 3mo

I highly agree it is wrong to just throw away books.

• I only buy physical books because that's what I prefer. I have about 30 books at the moment. I also still get magazines, I have 30+ of them. Though I will be donating most of them to my local emergency clinic.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a lot better for your eyes to read from a book than it is from a tablet. That isn't much different from staring at a light bulb, especially with the white background.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Actually the opposite it true. The tablets produce light like your sitting outside while a flat book page only reflects light usually from a lightbulb.

• 3mo

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

• 3mo

Yourwelcome

• Blue light is bad for the eyes. Fuck you tablets! I like the feel of a good book in my hands!

2|1
    0|0
    • 3mo

how do you use your books after you read them?

• Show All
    • 3mo

Fofget tablets get a kindle

• 3mo

Or just get a book, or a computer.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 3

• I keep survival books, and some reference materials. Mostly stuff that I might need in case of a long term blackout, or other times.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't buy paperbacks because used hardbacks are so cheap. When I'm finished I just give them away or take them to a used bookstore.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love books and don't use a tablet or kind, I just own a bunch of books

0|1
    0|0
    • 3mo

what do you do with them after your done with them? Do you give them away donate them or just toss them out?