What Music Group has been a huge Inspiration to you in your own life?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• The Foo Fighters have definitely been the most life changing and inspirational for me. Dave Grohl really inspired me to be a musician, because he was self taught. It let me know "hey, you can do this too."

This video amongst others also gave me the impression he was a down to earth guy despite all the wealth and stuff he has.
    http://youtu.be/YFHD7kuAqu4

Back when I started out, Foo Fighters also were goals to me in the instruments. They weren't the most difficult partss, but I found them unique in their style. The lyrics are also generally pretty awesome in my opinion. It put a new perspective with me on writing songs, and it likewise got me introduced into the rock scene.

They were really the first band I identified with as a fan. Even today, they still hold a dear place in my heart.

Oh, Beautiful, @dangerDoge, and sometimes it takes someone who is Out there and who really cares, to Inspire us. xx

• Metallica.

In 6th grade music class, we had to do a project on someone who was in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. I wanted to do Pink Floyd, but they were taken, so my other group members wanted to do Metallica and I said sure.

You see, before this, my parents had provided me the music I listened to (well and the radio, but the same stations as them.) It was all 80s classic rock or New Wave type stuff. We hated "screamo" and therefore metal.

The first song I heard while researching was from the new album at the time, Death Magnetic. I think it was The Day That Never Comes. I was like, "whoa this isn't just noise, this is fucking epic".

And ever since then I've been listening to more and more metal. I was inspired to start playing guitar, and I have been super interested in metal and reading about it and listening to it since then. I also like to explore other genres, because before I heard Metallica I was really biased against it without having heard it.

• the beatles

i'd heard their really poppy early stuff when i was very young but i remember in college finally hearing abbey road, revolver, the white album and sgt peppers and just feeling like my mind had been completely blown away.

• Pink Floyd. They have been my go to band since I was 13 .

Oh, nice one, @bryon. Sometimes they still Put on a Concert on TV to see so we can be Cozily "Comfortably Numb."xx

sorry combined two names. yeah i meant roger waters

@madhatters4 no problem at all.

• I know he's not a group, but does Bach count?

I loved hearing my wife play his music on the violin or the cello while I cooked dinner.

• Frank Sinatra is the only one who's really had a impact on my life musically.

Ah, yes, ol blue eyes... xx

lol!!! How do you think I got this far? xx

Being active lol, if we're refering to Gag lol.

• Disturbed or Suicide Silence because they always give me the motivation to keep going and never surrender. But I have thousands of them tbh so I just mentioned 2 lol

lol "Mario21, there you are, and Good deal with the Group that Always gives you this Motivation to come on Gag and make my own day!! xx

• Rap. J. Cole etc

• Metallica, Orianthi, SRV, Iron Maiden to name a few

• Gospel music 💯

What Girls Said 1