Should the flash be black in the future?

Should the flash be black in the future?
With so many classic comic book characters changing race these days, wouldn't it be appropriate if we made the flash in order to mimic life? I mean fastest male sprinters tend to be black so it would kind of male sense for the fastest comic book hero to also be black.

What do you guys think?

• Yes
    45% (5)19% (3)30% (8)Vote
  • No
    55% (6)81% (13)70% (19)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
5|13

Most Helpful Guy

• thats a fucking stupid ass question. no. they shouldn't. especially not barry allen. they shouldn't have even made iris or wally west black. they want a black superhero, they can pick john stewart, connor hawke, vic stone, john henry irons. or just make a new fucking character altogether. and their retcon of wally west for the new 52 was at best tokenism and at worst straight up pandering to racism. its easier to just race swap a new character than it is to create a new one... thats not just fucking stupid if the intention was to be more politically correct or cater to demographics (which by the way, isn't why anyone should write stories) its just plain lazy writing. at least you can take blue marvel, whose entire existence was meant to create a racial discussion, as an entirely new black character, rather than just trying to make a black sentry, or a black tony stark. even miles morales, who people can still agree is just kinda boring on all fronts, is at least the spiderman of some distant future and not some black peter parker. which is why its stupid that they're trying to make a black mary jane. you can't just make a new female character as a love interest thats black? you have to not only exploit peoples need to see memorable characters, but also shit on those characters as well?

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Either Barry Allen (flash) or Hal Jordan (green lantern) could be black the names work well as either a white or black man.
    In a standing like justice league they are sidekick enough that it wouldn't worry too many people what their race is.. id like black Green Lantern :)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• Yes- they should give Danica Williams her chance, as the girl destined to be the next generation's Flash, and incorporate her side role as Billy Batson's girlfriend in school to introduce Captain Marvel as a part of the DCCU.

static6.comicvine.com/.../...yf1st3k82o10_1280.png

0|0
    0|1
  • Why would you want any super hero to try to be realistic? It's fucking fantasy. If you made the flash black he'd run 27.8 mph for a few seconds and then say he was the fastest man on the planet. The flash runs faster than the sound barrier, light barrier, time barrier, dimensional barrier, and finally the speed force barrier. That's why he's a fucking super hero and not a black Olympic runner.

0|1
    0|0
  • Does it matter. If you are watching the TV series Barry Allen the current Flash is white but Wally West who becomes the next and probably best Flash is black but no one really cares what color he is.

1|0
    0|0
  • The Flash is a scientist, not a sprinter. In order to mimic life, most doctors tend to be white so it would make sense for a scientist to be white.

0|1
    0|1
  • Any character that changer race gets me to never be interested in their new content again. It is stupid and ruins story continuity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I prefer original white Flash

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a fantasy not a biography

1|0
    0|0
  • No lol

0|0
    0|0
  • id say yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • NO. black people suck at being the main character. and black superheroes are not interesting. they are boring. except for Blade with wesley snipes. he was pretty cool. but that's it.

0|0
    0|2
  • The Flash TV show is making a negro "Kid Flash" starting this season. I won't be watching.

0|0
    0|1
  • Only if they base him off of Usian Bolt and he does this pose everytime he wins.

pre14.deviantart.net/.../...rrybennett-d5abrvz.jpg

0|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• No, because the original Flash from the comics is not black. Should the Superman be black in the future? If there are black Vulcans (like Tuvok from Star Trek Voyager), then we should have black Kryptonians too ;)

0|1
    0|0
  • I get what you're saying, but i like the Flash as he is.
    It would've been cool if hed been black from the start thougj

0|1
    0|0
  • The main Flash, no.
    Maybe a new character with similar powers

0|0
    0|0
  • Isn't flash already black

0|0
    0|0