Have you tried allocating RAM and if so what difference did you see in typical pc performance?

I just allocatd 4 gb of ram rather than the default 2 gb for typical performance, and even just in starting up chrome I have noticed a massive difference!

I have an 8 gb ram available, so it boggles me that I've only been using 2.

I can't wait to start up some games and see just how much faster everything loads!!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• 8GB!!! Gosh you really are brave! I would be too frightened to let anyone ram me at 8gb.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• You allocate RAM to programs not to the OS. The system performance is relative to available resources. Therefor if you have 8GB of RAM your system with have 8GB of RAM period.

• What do you mean you 'allocated' RAM - if it is there physically it should be there for all apps? There's nothing to allocate.

• Im using 10 gig but nobody needs more than 8 really.

• Ram isn't much useful to games yknow

• Well... it is. It affects the speed of heaps of games.

• Most games launch with the recommended amount of RAM, if you have enough. Also by default the boot loader always allocates all the RAM from the system to your OS, so how did that get changed?

• @Thisperson98 I have no idea. I'm not all that technologically advanced. I just know real basic shit.

What Girls Said 2