Here we go again ! What do y'all think?

This drawing is 1m×70cm
It was very difficult coz it was my first live portrait with a model in front of me and it has already been 3 months working on it and still unfinished. What do you think?
Here we go again ! What do y'all think?

Most Helpful Guy

• If that's your first attempt with a live person then I'm amazed! How much of it was done in one day? The shading on the arm is coming along great and her face and hair look absolutely beautiful.

I'm not a hand drawing artist but I can see how the arms in this case would be very tough. The skin im sure folds in weird ways but maybe you can shade it in a way that fixes it?

Honestly, I'd hang it up somewhere, it just screams art! Can't wait to see the finished thing!!!

What Guys Said 33

• I think you did really well with the girl's hair and her face. But her arms don't look right. Even though she's thin, her upper arms surely have just a little tone to them. But they just look almost perfectly straight. And her left forearm looks like it's broken and needs to be set by a doctor. But I can tell you have talent from the way you got her hair and face right.

She's very skinny
      She's my cousin by the way

• A great job darling, you have to learn to write your name in a way that can serve as signature :D
    All great masters sign their drawings or paintings!

• Pretty well done in my opinion :)

• Looks good but she looks pissed 😛 hahaha

Hmmm... hahah

Hahahahahah lmao😂

Lmao when your girl catches u staring at another girl's ass

• Niiice !!! Getting really pretty !!!

Don't be afraid of failing, just let the pencil talk his own language, you are thinking too much about how to do it. Let if flow, and things will be quicker also.

• Wow that looks really good! You are a talented artist 😊

• That is fabulous - I love the shading and contours

• That's pretty good you got talent/potentional ^^

• Awesome! You are very talented 😀

• Is it supposed to be photorealistic? I can see you accentuated the facial features by sharp tonal contrast so perhaps you are intending on rendering this piece in another art style. As others have mentioned, the left forearm of the subject is bent in the proximal forearm as if she has sustained an broken ulna.
    Alright for a first live portrait when nerves kick in. Keep it up!

• Looking good so far tho the left hand needs more work as it doesn't 'bend' like that normally. Rotate the elbow a little higher when re-doing the left lower arm.

It's unfinished so I'm still working on it
      Thanks 😊

• hey you have quite a talent there... my only possible criticism could be to say the arms aren't 100%. one is a bit too straight liney whilst the other has two elbows but im sure you will sort it

• wow thats impressive

• looks impressive

• Its very good

• Good job dood. I'd say it's about 50 times better than what I could whip up.

• mehhh

Still thanks

No prob, im pretty sure that your gonna make some awesome building drawings in the future :)

Haha yes thanks

• i like it, it's very good

• For an unfinished work it looks really good.

• Looks good

• Way better than what I can do

• Amazing!

• That's really good! Def better than anything I can claw on a piece of paper. Yes I meant claw

• Not bad, need more shading and details in my opinion.

• Subaverage at best

• pretty good, i'd like to see heavier shading tho :) but overall a good work

• it looks great but it will look much better if you drew me instead my face is very interesting.

• awesome... good job

• Looks flat

She's flat coz she's only 11 😂

Oohh it doesn't have volume. Yeah you're right. It was my first shoot so..

It's not bad. That's my only major critique

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 19

• It's coming song nicely I Ike your interpretation of the human form. Continue to work on the negative spaces in bringing depth to your work. I Iike it.

• Honest opinion is that the nose needs some work, doesn't look quite right, I don't think there should be a shade lone down the middle of the nose as it's a place where sunlight hits the most.

The arms too they're too pointed and straight, almost as if you've used a ruler. But all in all, much better than anything I could ever draw. Keep up the good work.

• it's fantastic! I love it. 😊

• It looks great for something that is unfinished LMFAO

Hahahah thanks little moody ❤❤💋💋

Thank you so much. Same for you. 💋💋💋❤❤

Thanks lovely :)

• This is great!! You're on the way to become a big artist!

• Nicely done. I like the detail on her shirt.

• I like the detail of her hair. Also the shadowing of her arm is very nice.
    Of course you could improve, but as another artist, I would say you have done a good job!

• I really like it. Particularly the patterns on the shirt/dress and the face of the girl. I love drawing but I am only really good at cartoon characters/animations/animals/Disney... not real life people. And even then, I call myself a "replicationist". That is awesome that you can produce something like that.

• Pretty nice.
    Keep drawing, because after a year you could see how much far you improved, comparing old works makes satisfaction, like feelong of an achievement.

• Bloody hell that is awesome! Keep up the good work, partner <3

• Oulala we have an artist!
    Great job keep it up :)

• that's a good sketch !

• LOVE IT!

• wow that's pretty cool! PENCIL ARMS LOOK LIKE REAL ARMS , WHY

Haha thanks 😊

;D *sparklyyy wink!*

yes I've always wanted to do that '-'

• It's really nice!

• ♥️♥️♥️♥️

• Still life's are hard. But you did a good job

• Well done 👍

• Well if it supposed to be a drawing of Michael Jackson after he turned white and lost half his nose I would say it a good likeness. If not its CRAP!!! Do have a nice day sir. Buh bye now