Why does nobody notice that Michael Jackson's music sucked?

His best songs are "Beat It," and "Thriller," etc.

These songs are terrible. How do they make someone the "king" of anything?

Most Helpful Girl

• Let me share a very shocking answer to the question you asked:

Your personal tastes... DON'T... reflect the tastes of the masses. AKA more people liked it than people who didn't, clearly.

Most Helpful Guy

• See, I don't think it's that nobody "noticed" I think the issue here is that people have different opinions about what does or does not suck.

What Girls Said 9

• Not you again. ugh. What is wrong with you, arguing about people's likes and dislikes in music. Regardless whether you like an artist or not you need to respect their talent and what they have accomplished. And virtually no one in existence was able to have more. You sound incredibly immature every time you post. Give it up.

• I somewhat liked Michael, but I agree that he did not have the best music. He was also not the best singer. He was an amazing dancer though. I don't like "Beat It" nor "Thriller". There are some good ones, like Human Nature or Heal the World.

• Um...

Because it didn't suck? ._.

• Because he's music is enjoyed by almost everyone. Every race, gender, and age.

And I liked those 2 songs.

• Because it doesn't

• He achieved worldwide fame, even my parents knew his songs when they lived in Mogadishu as kids lmao

• He became famous as a kid and it stuck with him into adulthood and the 80s made him who he was. He could dance like no other, his music isn't everyone's favorite by the way. People become famous from their persona and not always their talents. Todays music is one big fake joke. Auto tune, twerking, cat fights, fake personas and fake asses... Just no. Why who do YOU think should be King of Pop? It sure as hell ain't Justin Bieber or One Direction.

• Billy Jean was my favorite

• Smooth Criminal is my favourite

What Guys Said 14

• You don't get it do you? It's about at the time it had been released and what the attitudes and preferences the way people are around that time. Majority over minority it seems when it comes to anything that becomes popular. If the majority did like it when it was first around and released at the time, then it's going to be very popular.

You might like a lot of things, such as certain songs and certain artists right now that seemed really cool or awesome to you and your current generation but many generations down the road, or many generations later some if not many of those people may also think and feel what you had liked and enjoyed are also complete garbage and shit to them, it's all according to how they feel and think about it when it comes to their generation.

You getting me so far? Different eras, different times, different preferences, etc. Different attitudes and thus different opinions and different perceptions and different perspectives.

• As a musician, I feel the need to say: the man didn't suck.

He was an awesome singer, a good composer and an incredible dancer. And I'm not saying this as a fan, I don't even listen to his music that much, I'm talking about technique. He was a complete entertainer, which is something pretty hard to see nowadays.

Also, his work is not only his mainstream songs, there are lots of better songs if you search, from Jackson 5 to his funky phase to pop. But overall, I would be lying if I didn't said that I see Michael as an overall incredible artist. And, please, remember: things don't suck because you dislike them.

• They're "terrible"? Don't you mean...
    ...
    ...
    ... wait for it...
    ...
    BAD?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dsUXAEzaC3Q

• because the album "Thriller" STILL holds the record (tied actually with the eagles) for best selling album of all time. 27,000,000 copies if I recall and he had a shitload of good songs.

your bad.

• He was a media creation, a lot of people liked him but I don't think he was the phenomenon they portrayed when he died - Plus the stuff with the kids was well dodgy, a guy on minimum wage would be on the sex offender's register

• Perhaps because It DOESN'T SUCK? You realize everyone has different tastes, god damn, how can you be so narrow minded and vain.

• People have tastes bloke. Consider the context. People thought Seinfeld was a masterpiece once.

• Billie Jean was a good one.

• 0|1
  • Most of his songs that he is famous for are Jackson 5 songs.

• It's mostly because the dance, while the song isn't that bad.

• I liked him when he was black.

• Shut your whore mouth. Michael is the king of Pop!

• I agree with you completely!