Do you remember the "Berenstein" Bears? Or was it "Berenstain" in your memory?

Apparently, this is a big deal on the internet, causing many people to speculate about parallel universes converging. Lots of people (including myself) remember it with an E, while if you buy a book now, it will have an A.

Which one was it for you?

• Berenstein
  • Berenstain

Most Helpful Girl

• They changed it as the conspiracy goes. I always... ALWAYS remembered it as Bearstein.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• It's an e. I always remember it sounding like "stein" or "sty-en." Not "stain." Maybe someone goofed up with the spelling one day and they decided to make a permanent change.

The last name of the authors is Berenstain (married couple).

Maybe the English language changed overall. It made sense to call it Berenstein when the show was made, but now mainly people feel more comfortable saying Berenstain. It's one letter off so it really doesn't matter. It isn't like the entire name was changed.

I imagine people used to pronounce words differently. Like in some places, they'll spell "color" as "colour." It's an accent thing.

Geez okay ignore my typos. I have insomnia. I meant maybe instead of mainly.

• i remember em

• That was my favorite, and it's with an 'a'

• At first, it was spelled with an E to me...

• I remember the E one.

• I remember it with an E

• Hasn't it always been spelled with an "A". Aren't the authors last name's Berenstain?

So it seems, but a ton of people remember it as Berenstein.

I remember it with an A

What Guys Said 12

• it was always berenstein (pronounced like -steen) when i was growing up

Do a search for the books on Amazon.

yep... well my mom does

at least i'm almost certain we do. i'm going to check next time i'm at her house

• Remember it well

With an E?

If you want a mind-fuck, do a search for the books now. They all have A instead of E.

In this PC world someone must have got offended that the "A" was being discriminated against..

• It's been officially printed as both.

• the mandela effect. the titans won the superbowl.

• A pronounced as B.

• It's a German surname, thus "stein" which means stone. Lots of Jewish people acquired German-ized surnames, even if these surnames didn't exist among ethnic Germans. Thus Einstein and so on...

If you search for the books now, they are all spelled with "stain." It's odd, because so many people remember it the other way.

I did a quick research. My guess is that since German "ei" is pronounced as "ai", it was changed to please US viewers.

That's my opinion as a German living in the US.

• People just need to stop with this nonsense.
    It is an A and it has always been an A.
    You "remember it" with an E because sometime in the past you incorrectly assumed it being written with an "E" because that is the most common spelling of stein so the wrong information got fixated into your memory.
    You just have been wrong the whole time, is there is all to it.

• bear n stain

• Berenstain. It's the creators last name! I "bare"ly preferred them over Gummy Bears. Shitty start to the Disney afternoon.

• I strongly remember it with an E, I always remember it with Einstein name, when I was little.

• I just remember they were shitty books and cartoons.

• I think it was always A and that always seems wrong.