What's your favorite anime, describe it?

Looking for good anime to watch, I had a list of them but I've already watched them all so I need some new ones.

What Girls Said 3

• Parasyte: the maxim. My brief description would be weird 'aliens' (parasites) coming down, inhabiting human bodies and eating humans. One parasite attempts to get into this kid's (Shinichi's) body, it goes wrong, and both parasite and human end up having to learn to live stuck together. Shinichi and his parasite have to work together to kill off the rest of the parasites in order to survive. There's a lot of gore that I didn't find too disturbing and there's a lot of fight scenes but also a lot of comedy and a bit of romance (not too much) and I found that I loved all of the characters and Shinichi was super easy to relate to so watching it was a lot of fun. There's also a lot of quite obvious philosophical metaphors in it that were interesting. Here's the wiki description, I don't think it's any more spoiler-y than I've been but you don't have to read it:

'Parasyte centers on a 17-year-old male named Shinichi Izumi, who lives with his mother and father in a quiet neighborhood in Tokyo. One night, worm-like creatures called Parasites appear on Earth, taking over the brains of human hosts by entering through their ears or noses. One Parasite attempts to crawl into Shinichi's ear while he sleeps, but fails as Shinichi is wearing headphones, and enters his body by burrowing into his arm instead. In the Japanese version, it takes over his right hand and is named Migi (ミギー?), after the Japanese word for 'right'; Tokyopop's version, in which the images are flipped horizontally, has the Parasite take over Shinichi's left hand and it is named Lefty.

Because Shinichi was able to prevent Migi from travelling further up into his brain, both beings retain their separate intellect and personality. As the duo encounter other Parasites, they capitalize on their strange situation and gradually form a strong bond, working together to survive. This gives them an edge in battling other Parasites who frequently attack the pair upon realization that Shinichi's human brain is still intact. Shinichi feels compelled to fight other Parasites, who devour humans as food, while enlisting Migi's help.'

Other anime that I recommend aren't that obscure (neither is Parasyte though) but I'd recommend Clannad (even if it's a bit slow), the Haruhi Suzumiya series, The Flower We Saw That Day, Your Lie In April, Hellsing Ultimate, DBZ, Lupin the Third and maybe Spice and Wolf.

I just finished that series last month. It was really good.

• I'm not a huge anime fan but I watched one called Mew Mew Power. It was really nice. You might not like it though, it's girly.

• I don't know many tbh but I'm loving Soul Eater atm. You've probably seen it though.

What Guys Said 0