Were there any TV show characters who you were afraid of, back when you were a kid?

And if so, which character in particular were you most terrified by? For me, there were hardly any- but there was this one character in particular that scared the heck out of me...

What about you? Think back to your early childhood, and the children's TV shows which used to come on. Who was the scariest character of them all?

3mo Come on- anyone? For instance, were you scared of Big Bird or Nobody from Sesame Street, Barney the Dinosaur, Artemis from Sailor Moon, The Teletubbies, Alf, Spongebob Squarepants, Worzel Gummidge, Mr. Noseybonk from Jigsaw, Bungle from Rainbow, Fofao from The Island of Dr. Moreau, any of the characters from Courage the Cowardly Dog, or anyone else who you can't erase from your childhood memories no matter how hard you try? And even if you weren't scared, who was the creepiest in your eyes?

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't like Elmo. He was red and scary and just had a squeaky voice

Aww. How old were you at the time? And how much did you dislike Elmo- how would you react when he came on TV?

I was around 3. I just cried and hid lol

Most Helpful Guy

• On Irish TV there was a bullying awareness campaign where a children's TV puppet character was being bullied by another puppet. The bully was as nice as pie when anybody else was around but as soon the two were on their own, it would turn nasty. The bullied puppet was afraid to tell anyone because he thought no one would believe him. It was brilliantly done, so creepy, it went on for a year and the campaign won loads of awards. Maybe some Irish people might recognise the characters it was the original Podge & Rodge plus Zig & Zag. Podge was bullying Zag.
    i.ytimg.com/vi/990YMUxtxok/maxresdefault.jpg
    images.radiotimes.com/.../74493.jpg

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Mr. blobbly lol... Your obviously British, I was scared of that same thing too...

This episode of courage the cowardly dog, scared the shit out as akid, i was so scared of the sea monster that would devour anyone sitting on a toilet/restroom, that i avoided the toilet and pissed myself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy4S6f6GrKE

• I don't remember the name of the show, but it was about rabits.
    In one episode ravens stapped the sweet rabbits on the sticks of a tree and you saw them full of blood.

Was that Watership Down?

Watership Down and The Animals of Farthing Wood were my 2 best guesses, so you might be right
      since it was before secondary school, I can't remember that well.