Did the recent Lena Dunham fiasco reveal how entitled women are?

If you haven't heard the story, Dunham slandered NFL star Odell Beckham Jr.'s name because he didn't speak to her at the Met Gala.

Keep in mind OBJ did nothing other than sit in his chair and look at his phone. This apparently angered Dunham because she found him attractive but he didn't say anything to her -- a woman who is a complete stranger to him. She claimed he was being misogynistic and ignoring her because of her appearance. Even though he said absolutely nothing.

Yet, if she was so interested in his attention, why didn't she speak to him first? Female entitlement.

Why would she drag his name through the mud and accuse him of things he never said? Female entitlement.

Why do women often say "women don't owe their attention to men", yet think men owe their attention to women? Female entitlement.

Most Helpful Girl

• she's fat, ugly and looks dirty half of the time so she had a lot of nerve expecting a guy like odell beckham to even look her way. she's a 4 at best expecting him to pay attention with her. he dates zendaya for goodness sake. what man would downgrade from chicks like zendaya to lena dunham?

Most Helpful Guy

• You lost me at Lena Dunham. I have no interest in anything she has to say, she's fucking clueless.
    If another woman, ANY woman, were to make that argument , I'd listen. But Dunham? She's just D-List talent looking for A-List attention.

What Girls Said 7

• This isn't a gender specific thing. There are certain people out there who have a sense of entitlement, and it has nothing to do with their gender. Lena doesn't represent every single female in the world. I work with someone who is a male who thinks he is entitled to women. A girl ended up quitting because he harassed her after she turned him down. Work didn't do anything about it because she didn't go forward to talk about it, and there wasn't enough evidence apparently. This guy didn't do it because he was male, but because he was raised by parents who spoiled him. Usually that sense of entitlement comes from people who were spoiled brats as kids. They don't know the meaning of no because their parents didn't tell them no. I've known of both genders who were spoiled brats as a kids who are entitled.

• Please anon just please don't think all women are like Lena Dunham.

Except that, you pretty much are. All women get pissed if a good looking guy fails to notice them.

@FakeName123 She's crazy I personally signed a petition to have her arrested because she is making all girls look like shit. This question is a great example. The OP thinks all girls are like her when we're not.

Unfortunately a petition will not help if there is influence and money behind her. It's not the only known child-molesting person running free.
      If someone did that to my future children I would go fucking berserk.

And well, there are as narrow-minded guys as girls out there. A few days ago a girl was convinced that when a guy shoots his cum it means she did a good job and that there is no such thing as a bad orgasm. It's a narrow-mind and a lack of empathy for others operating differently and differentiating.

• No, she doesn't represent us. And fuck her, she's a pedophile and child molester

• How is she a spokesman for women or represent " entitlement" in women. Lena Dunham is a spoilt mentally ill brat who is a child molester that has never had to own up to her actions. I dont look up to her and I doubt most women do.

• yeah that's out of line

• Oh shut up mra

I don't see how you can justify what Lena did unless you're just a man-hating feminist.

• Yes, we all think like Lena Dunham. All of us. Every single one

Also, no offence but you're about 15, you're a little young to be generalising about "women"

Many women are just like Lena. Also I'm over 18 -- I just signed up for this site real quick and put in a fake birth date.

What Guys Said 13

• Don't forget that this is the same person (Dunham) who falsely accused a guy of raping her in her book. She claimed in her book that she was raped at Oberlin College by this guy who was in the College Republicans (do they even exist at Oberlin?). She only identified him by his first name, but since Oberlin doesn't have a huge enrollment it was enough for the guy to hire a lawyer and threaten to sue. Dunham's book publisher had to delete the false claim in subsequent printings, and for those already printed they put in a paper insert disclaiming the false claim. Lena Dunham is a dingbat.

• Dunham doesn't represent all women, but she surely represent modern feminists. Fuck that, she's the embodiment of modern feminists.

This whole "don't judge", "don't criticize", pc bullshit, "trigger warnings", "rape culture", etc. All comes from this radical modern feminism. I'm actually glad to see women disgusted by her, because this is the image feminists are imposing on other women.

Dunham, as all of these women, are assholes. Other than the fact she is ugly as a motherfucker. Judge them and point to them exactly what they are, because they actually hate to see themselves in the mirror, reason why they blame it all on men. Fact is women complain when they receive male attention, but fuck they do hate themselves when they get zero. It's quite ironic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aWJT0egzAy0

• Women can't stand the thought that any guy could NOT notice them.

• I really doubt it was her appearance that caused him to ignore her. She's an obnoxious cunt, who would blame him for not wanting to talk to her.

• Just goes to prove that Lena Dunham isn't perfect. She's very accomplished but still quite young. Any mistakes she makes are magnified by her fame. Apparently she has insecurities like almost everyone, and sometimes they lead to poor behavior. I expect she will learn something from this episode.

• It seems to be a bit of entitlement to me alright - It is first I have heard of it and it sounds bad.

• Nice dude. 100% right.

• i rather cut my penis and balls using two stones than to ever get in the same place as her
    she is nasty
    in her book she masturabated with her sister

• I'm pretty sure no one likes Lena dunham

• Lena Dunham is a sick fuck.

• That could be an isolated incident; I don't think it's that common

• she has a shitty mentality about life and dating. it will only make her less desirable.

• cause many women are hypocrites