Why do people choose to watch scary movies?

makes no sense why someone wants to watch a movie to want to feel fear, so stupid

0|0
12|14

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like to me you're scared to watch them...

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Why would anyone choose to ride a rollercoaster , go skydiving , ride a motorcycle , ride a jetski , race cars , strap himself into a massive metal tube and propel himself to space on a series of explosions?

If it has to be explained you just won't get it. Adrenaline , you either get the rush or you don't.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I watch them because it makes reality look much more appealing... helps me cope with an imperfect life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol... it's the thrill and adrenalin rush... I'm super neurotic but I love scarey movies... I'm afraid of heights-horribly afraid, but I love roller coasters lol... but I see your logic though..

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont watch scary movies to be scared.. I just find them interesting

0|0
    0|0
  • I am always hoping to be scared and shocked and terrified.
    ie: I like the adrenaline rush I feel when frightened.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • fear can be thrilling and engaging, completely absorbing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Right there with you, have no idea why!

0|0
    0|0
  • The thrill is fun

0|0
    0|0
  • we like to be scared because we get an adrenaline rush

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's fun. You're so boring.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same reason why people ride roller coasters. Same reason why people choose to ride motorcycles. Same reason why pussies won't ever understand the thrill of life.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• Many people have a strong desire to "experience" fear and danger - but in a "safe way" (without any real danger to themselves), and scary movies are one way of doing that. It's not a lot different than going to an amusement park and riding the thrill rides - which replicate REAL-WORLD dangers in safe, fun ways.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not stupid. I don't mind feeling a thrill if my life isn't in danger

1|0
    0|0
  • there are no scary movies. seriously, i can't remember the last time i was scared by watching a movie. however, its fun knowing girls get scared shitless as they tend to cuddle up to me when scared.

0|0
    0|0
  • I watch scary movies but don't watch to get scared because realistically theyre not scary at all anymore.. I watch it for the same reason I watch other movies. Story, acting, cinematography and if the horror movie is good, a good mind fuck.

0|0
    0|0
  • to get scare, because its fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, I don't like them...

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do people jump outta air planes or drink alchol or smoke cigarettes or do drugs?

0|0
    0|0
  • I always beg my brother to watch them with me , I jump scare on everything ))) he got so pissed he walked out of the room saying - This why I not like watching film with you Petr! You make me jump about shit I not care about stop !! Me - 😼

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do people feel the need to worry about and judge what the f**k other people love to watch. So stupid :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people like the fear. I don't, but some people do!

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do people watch sad movies that make them cry?

Some people enjoy the tense scary situation

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you seriously so hormonally deprived that you don't understand how fear releases adrenaline and other endorphin's, which are a source of pleasure?

0|0
    0|0
  • women generally do it because they like being able to cuddle up to a guy, to "protect them". it's a way of flirting. men usually like it because they think it's funny

0|0
    0|0