What did you think of the movie, Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice?

• It met all my expectations.
  • They tried to do way too much in this movie, but it was okay.
  • It was awful.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are things I liked about the film, but overall the theatrical version was weak 5/10.

The extended edition fixed a lot of things, though. A even if this version is longer, it actually is more enjoyable, and it feels shorter. The miracles editing and a good pace do, though the Martha thing remained the same. Ultimate Edition is a solid 7/10 for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• It was about a million times better then suicide squad and a million times worse then deadpool.

What Guys Said 17

• I think people went into this movie with certain expectations, whenever you walk into something thinking it's going to be a certain way and it ends up being different you're going to walk out disappointed.

The movie had 2 big problems: they tried to fit too much into it and what made them stop fighting.

I think Ben Affleck did a good job as Batman honestly, the problem is they should have done a Batman movie with him prior to Dawn of Justice that would explain why he was acting the way he was. The movie does explain why Batman is acting so out of character but most people appear to have missed it, but then it was already a long movie with too much crammed in, you want to add another 40 minutes of Batman development?

And then why the fight ended... I get that Batman was not in his right mind but seriously? Weak DC, weak.

• Fucking Snyder. The whole movie is a slow motion shot after slow motion shot.

Don't even get me started on the Martha thing and the emails. Its a movie full with lazy writing and plot holes. Superman is completely out of character and so is Batman. The only good thing about it are the Batman fighting scenes.

• *Spoiler Alert* Trying to take 50 years of story line and mashing it together in a crossover film was stupid to begin with. Promoting Jessie as the "Lex" when he wasn't was mistake number 2. Reiterating the Death of the Wayne Parents was number 3. (Honestly that trauma is encoded into our DNA at this point.) 4- Doomsday was a clone. 5- Making the fight between them last 5 minutes. 6- Was having Superman start the fist fight when he could've just talked to Batman from the air a little bit longer. 7- Batman using guns. 8- Batman Branding People. 9- Batman downright killing people. 10- That dumbass dream where Flash pops up... I could on with more but in short they Fucked it up Big Time!

7, 8 and 9 were addressed in the movie. The first scene with Alfred explained that Batman had only very recently taken a dark turn with the branding and killing, Bruce Wayne was a raging alcoholic, he started seeing only the bad in everything... He was broken from seeing so much evil in 20 years as Batman.

6. Batman was very clearly not interested in talking to Superman for the aforementioned reasons, if Superman wanted a chance to talk to him he needed to break his will to fight first.

But I'm not going to get into it, I agree with some of your other points.

• It seemed a bit disorganized at first. It seemed like there were several different stories that it was trying to pick from. Once it made up its mind though, it got a lot better.

• Like every movie Zack Snyder made, it was only focused on 'looking cool'. Tried to rip off the comics, but put in amateurish plot and pseudo-philosophical dialogues which later all got thrown out of the window anyway.
    MCU is way overrated tho...

• Wow, I could probably write an essay on this.

Initially, when I walked out of the theatre, I thought it was ok, disappointing but not terrible. But then I started reflecting on it and now I see it as just a flat out bad movie. It had some redeming features, like Gal Gadot was surprising good for her 30 seconds of screen time. But they butchered almost every character.

I'd love to read that essay.

I think this was a case of we have to build up the next 4 movies we're going to do and don't want to have to try and explain so much there, so let's cram it all in here. But we came to see the show down and it was just not enough, and as the video points out... it was ended by some stupid thing about their mothers having the same names. It was just much too much of nothingness and waiting around and empty writing and plots, that got in the way of what could have been something much more epic.

^ I think a lot of that had to do with character motivations. In Civil War, even though I agreed with Cap more, I could see where Iron Man was coming from and even felt bad for him towards the end. In BvS, most of the people who supported Batman did it because they were fans of the character. Perhaps audience could relate to him better if they made a solo film about Jason's death first, but they hardly touched on it even in the movie. Superman also didn't get much screen time (Fun Fact: Spider-Man had more lines than him in Civil War) so they had a lot of opportunities to explain Batman's reasoning but wasted it on the "knightmare" scenes and setting up the Justice League movie.

@LadyTerror
      This seemed like a great example of how important execution of a good idea is.

I don't think in either case there was supposed to be any real divide on who's side you're on. Even in Civil War it was framed such that you're supposed to agree with Cap, but the difference is you can understand Tony's point of view. Batman's point of view had him framed as a xenophobic zealout.

But beyond character motivations, Superman had very little character and no character development. Batman had character but it was thin and unlikeable and his character development came from one of the worst revelations in cinema history.

And as for setting things up. They didn't set things up as much as they said "oh by the way, Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman also exist in this universe." And the sequence suggesting a big bad is coming was only there as a "wink wink nudge nudge" to hardcore DC fans while leaving everyone else wanting to just dismiss it as unrelated.

• I would like to vote A and C. I mean it was aweful, but it definitely met all my expectations that it was going to be aweful.

• Some of the effects were cool
    the movie was horrible.

• The problem is Zack Snyder.

He turned the whole movie into an edgy mcedgefest. Not to mention he tried to cram way too much into one movie. This isn't supposed to be the Watchmen, but for some reason Zack thinks they're one in the same. Someone needs to tell Snyder that realism doesn't mean edgy.

• Well, I liked the Wonder Woman :P

• Terrible director, cast (Really? Affleck as Batman?) script, production, lol even release date. It takes a lot of effort to fuck up a movie with Batman in it..

do you think it would have been any better with Christian Bale in it?

I know! How dare Affleck or Snyder treat us like that?

Affleck's Batman did suck but because his character was written terribly. His performance was MUCH better than Bale's (who wasn't even that good)

• Are we talking the Theatric Cut (sooo many stuff was cut), or the Ultimate Cut (the real deal)?

• Never seen it.

• It was ok. I'm waiting to see how Gal Gadot portrays Wonder Woman *small drool*

• It was boring

• it was okay.

What Girls Said 5

• I've been resistant to seeing it until it's free because of all the bad reviews and the low rotten tomato critics rating of 27%

• Not bad ! I was drolling over Ben Affleck and Henri !

• It was a huge disappointment. Zack Snyder really screwed up

• I loved one special detail, Batman won 😁

• Pure shit