Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

If I sing both why do they sound so similar?
Whoever created each song needs to sue!

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• From Wikipedia link below , check out last line - The song is in public domain though I think @LittleSally is correct, it differs are first bit
    "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" is a popular English lullaby. The lyrics are from an early 19th-century English poem by Jane Taylor, "The Star". The poem, which is in couplet form, was first published in 1806 in Rhymes for the Nursery, a collection of poems by Taylor and her sister Ann. It is sung to the tune of the French melody Ah! vous dirai-je, maman, which was published in 1761 and later arranged by several composers including Mozart with Twelve Variations on "Ah vous dirai-je, Maman".[1] The English lyrics have five stanzas, although only the first is widely known. It has a Roud Folk Song Index number of 7666. This song is usually performed in the key of C Major.
    The song is in the public domain,[2] and has many adaptations around the world"

What Guys Said 10

• To me they always had, I think Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star came before the Alphabet song.

• now that u mention it lmao

• They do but I think the songs are public domain or something like that, so they couldn't sue.

• It took you this long to find that out? 😂

• Happy Birthday is copyrighted

• Twinkle twinkle little star's melody is the same as the alphabet song's. The melody was by Mozart. The alphabet song is the "rip off" I guess. But who cares? It doesn't matter in reality :)

• I think so 😶

• Lmao I asked that a while ago! 😂😂😂

• Is water wet?

• no i dont think so

What Girls Said 2

• No.
    Only in the first 14 syllables... then it's different.

• Yes.