What is your favorite rock band and why?

Beatles, Stones, Queen, Guns and Roses, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc.

You can say solo guitarists too.

I am SO into rock now. Can't believe I never was before. Love suggestions and to know what differentiates each band from another. Thanks!

0|0
5|10

Most Helpful Guy

• probably the rolling stones although it's a toss up between the beatles and the stones

i love how raw the stones are. how even as they grew more and more popular they really stuck to the type of music the really loved which is the blues. i also appreciate how much they championed the blues and the heroes that inspired them rather than just taking the music

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, all of the ones you mentioned are amongst my favorites. Add ACDC, Bon Jovi, Elvis for some older rock (n roll), Scorpions and Aerosmith to your list and you've got a pretty good one! My top favorite would be Queen though. Mercury's voice was truly special. His harmonies were always so on point.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• I like lots of rock without being a huge fan but if I had to stick my neck out Neil Young

0|0
    0|0
  • Queen, Kaleo (modern, not back then like yours but it's not bad) Pink Floyd, The Guess Who

Try out American Woman, Cold as Ice, anything by Aerosmith, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • MaybeSheWill, And So I Watch You From Afar and Mutiny on the Bounty

0|1
    0|0
    • 2mo

Mutiny on the Bounty? Seriously, someone? I fucking love that band. Countach is my jam.

• 2mo

Really surprised to see them on here, they're one of the most underground bands I listen to. Are you into post-rock?

• 2mo

@93stepsawayfromhome

I most listen to certain metal subgenres, but I am all over the place which includes post-rock. Though I don't like the more melancholic - often drawn out - kind of post-rock such as Long Distance Calling. That just gives me the bore.

• Queen will always hold a special place in my heart - they got me through some serious home sick moments when I was an exchange student.

In the end, though, Nirvana is my all time favorite.

0|0
    0|0
  • Does Sabaton and Iron Maiden count?

0|0
    0|0
  • Sigur Rós, 65daysofstatic, Radiohead

0|0
    0|0
  • As far as Rock goes it would be AC DC, Guns N Roses, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Motley Crue and Bon Jovi

0|0
    0|0
  • The Doors. I love the sound and lyrics

0|0
    0|0
  • Good Charlotte

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Queen is the best.

0|1
    0|0
  • Iron maden

0|1
    0|0
  • I like Metallica

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely the Eagles, love their harmonies.

0|0
    0|0