What are you reading atm?

What are you reading atm?
I read this book

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Jack Kerouac is a great writer, I've never finished reading "On The Road" but I can tell that it's well written. Back to your question, I'm reading a French thriller novel "La Promesse des ténèbres" or "The Promise of The Shadows" by Maxime Chattam.

What Girls Said 16

• 0|0
  • I'm actually reading the Quran right now as well as No god but God by Reza Aslan. I feel like I give a lot of negative opinions on Islam but I don't inform my views from that perspective enough. Just my Western perspective.

So far the Quran is really just confirming my beliefs to be honest. And I feel Aslan is reaching a lot in his assertions and leaves out key points.

I have plans to read the quran also at least once in my life... what is that other book about?

It just sort of walks through the history of Islam and the rise and decline of the Muslim world. Mostly it's about the battling ideologies in the region.. where you have the more liberal minded reform and then the more traditional fundamentalists philosophies which allows for.. Islamofascism (my word, not his) to flourish.

He favors a more modern interpretation of the faith. Or at least more open minded. He thinks that the Muslim world needs room to develop democracy on its own without having it introduced with a Western twist. But I think he neglects a lot of key issues when he argues that that was already happening in the years prior to Western involvement.

SOUNDS like an intresting book

• questions on GAG

• Introduction to civil Law by my civil law teacher

ahh history... and what that did you read till so far about it?

It's mostly philosophical about the definition of law and the different types of laws like religious law, societal laws, juridical laws etc😛

• Unfortunately, I do not have time for recreational reading at the moment. I am taking 5 classes this semester. However, some of my textbooks are quite interesting.

• Dostoevsky's Idiot, attempt # 2.0 to finish it :P

Have heared good things about that book

Good night! This was a good literature lesson for me, LOL. :P

I see you mentioned the book Demons by Dostojevsky, that was the first book I have read by this writer and it's a good one indeed, it has been a while I have read it and so don't remember the exact story though

• Been slacking on my reading. And also trying to. read like 3 books at once.

• I am currently reading The Great Gatsby for junior English, and then I'm reading Killing Lincoln for a US History project 😁

• Throne of Glass series and it's soooooo good! It's YA but really really awesome.

• I'm reading a book by Haruki Murakami. It's "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle".

Tell me a little about it

I have to admit, I'm the same way. I just can't finish any books these days. My mood is always changing, and I always have about 10 books on the go, which is a really bad habit! but battered and pensive? hmm. Well, the one I read by him was quite surreal and contained lots of nice little bits of existential philosophy (which I want to post quotes to, but don't want to ruin your own discoveries) :) But it's a novel. You're reading a novel too? Or just a collection of ideas from his direct perspective? You're a very sensitive girl, you know :)

@Levin I do know, but I find that it's better to be sensitive and get hit hard by emotions than not feeling much at all. And yes, I'm reading a novel also. And I'm exactly like you too! At the moment, I have about 6 books I have started and not finished, it is unhealthy!! But it is the reader's right to stop reading if he wishes so, to hell with that! Things are getting less dark in the book, we're getting some answers, which is good (for the character and for little young me :P)

• Eh... nothing

• The Courage to Heal by Ellen Bass and Laura Davis

• In school- huckleberry Finn,
    At home- Dead North

• looks beautiful

• The Brothers Karamazov.

One of my favorite books

Crime and Punishment is my favourite by Dostoevsky so far.

have read that too and I also liked that one but if I had to choose I will go for the brothers

• The Healer Enchantment by Jackson Horvat!

What Guys Said 26