Does anyone else think horse racing should be banned?

I dont see any point of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Things aren't banned because there's no appeal to it. Even if nobody found it appealing or meaningful at all, it wouldn't be worthy of a ban.

Things are only banned when the cost--monetary and otherwise--of the ban is less than the cost of leaving it free.

Even bans on things which are obviously destructive, like crystal meth and heroin, are worth questioning, since the cost of maintaining the ban may very well be greater than the cost of having people abuse drugs freely.

Most Helpful Girl

• As a Kentucky resident, I don't think it should be banned, but I do think they should wait to race the horses until they're 6 rather than 2. Less injury prone that way.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't see a point in a lot of things, that doesn't mean they should be illegal.

• It is not really the horse racing but the betting associated with it - It is multi billion dollar industry - 18 billion dollars in the UK each year

• its not about if there is a point to it or not... if you look at any sport you could question that. i do however think it should be stopped but thats about my views on animal cruelty

• so just because you dont see the point of it is should be banned? that makes no sense.

• I don't see any reason to ban it.

• No, but dog racing should be.

• Eating animals seems more extreme than riding them around in a circle, to me.

• You must be a liberal. They love love love to ban things. Ban, ban, ban. WTF is with them?

What Girls Said 4

• Nah stud racing is pretty fun to watch actually

• nope

• "I don't understand ergo it should be banned"

Horse races are a lot of fun actually.

• Because it's cruel to animals, yes.