Can I take my little sister to a 12A movie?

I'm going to a 12A movie with my friends on Friday.
Can I take my 11 year old sister with me? She barely looks old enough to pass as an 11 year old (she pretty much has the looks of a decent 9 year old).
The official website says "No one younger than 12 may see a 12A film in a cinema unless accompanied by an adult", but if there's five 15 year olds, will they mind?

Sounds stupid, I know, but is there a way around it? Is it worth calling up the cinema? They're quite small so...

Most Helpful Guy

• Not sure. Here in the US, techically someone under 17 couldn't bring someone under 13 to see a PG-13 movie, but I don't think anyone would stop you.

Question isn't just how old your sister looks, but how old you look.

The only thing is, if I do get stopped, I can't just go in and leave her outside the cinema.

I could pass as 17 if it was just the both of us? But with my friends, some who are on the humorously childish side, I'm not so sure it'd work.

Student IDs aren't until you're 16/17 ish anyway. And there's only one movie on that entire day. It won't be busy at all, therefore possibly less staff?

@Josht13 Huh. We get student IDs in 6th grade.

@Asker Just call the movie theater. Shouldn't take any chances.

What Guys Said 2

• Depends on the cinema - They might be okay with it - If you ring up they will probably say no - 12A's aren't too bad, some of the humour is mature and often the kids don't get it - I would chance it, it is not like you like you are going to a R movie

• Technically you can't, it's a coin toss whether you'll be stopped go for the youngest and youngest looking employee who probably won't know the strict rules or anything and will see no harm. I was stopped once for a 12a when I was 13 some people take it serious but I also got into a 15 6 months after.

Would they mind? An 11 year old in for a 12A movie? It's just a few months...

There's only one on duty... it's a small cinema haha

Wait it's a small cinema is that the only one or is it a chain. If it's a smaller cinema they give literally no fucks I have gone into a 15 at 11 in a cinema that was a small 1 screen thing, they will not be under scrutiny like the big companies and won't care about the rules when it's only a 12a movie/

What Girls Said 0