What do you think of guys who like listening to "girlie" music?

and also they like to attend concerts with music like that? And by girly music Im talking those female singers who mostly sing romantic and soft music and women are the ones who mostly enjoy that kind of music not men.

I heard people saying men who listen music like taht or attend concerts with such music possibly are gay.

I mean there are music that applies for both sexes or just male or women. For instance, heavy metal music, are manly men the ones who like that type of music. cause it transmit something strong , rough, if a women enjoys that music, probably are very very few ones, or romantic and soft music many women enjoy that cause they talk about love, relationship, couples, breakup, betrayal, bf/gf (you know all those women topics).

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol smh... what's next, a guy's gay because he has a couple of pink shirts in his drawer?

Beauty comes in all sorts of forms. Some beauty is delicate and traditionally "feminine". Other beauty is gritty, bloody, and aggressive. The cool thing about not being 11 years old anymore, is that you can appreciate ALL of this beauty.

I mean... You are 36-45 years old. I hope you don't listen to literally one kind of music all the time -- and I hope that yr friends who are yr age don't, either. Honestly, that would be REALLY WEIRD -- almost like they were trying to prove something to the world.

If some dude listens to some of this "girly" stuff... AND some classical music, AND some rock'n'roll, AND some metal, AND some of various other genres... then, obviously, it's not an issue.

There are beautiful skyscrapers, beautiful little cottages, and beautiful old churches... and I can appreciate them all.

There are hot short guys, hot tall guys, hot black guys, hot brown guys, hot white guys, hot smaller guys, hot bigger guys, etc... and I can DEFINITELY appreciate THEM all.

Etc.

You get me.

__

On the other hand, if someone was a grown adult and ONLY listened to one type of music... that would be fucking weird. It'd basically be a sign of stunted emotional growth.
    That'd be weird NO MATTER WHAT kind of music it was. A 40-year-old man who ONLY listens to classic rock, for instance, would be just as weird as a 40-year-old man who ONLY listens to girly k-pop.

I would wonder what that person is so desperately trying to prove to the world... and, more importantly, I would wonder why someone so old, is STILL trying so hard.

I mean... at age 11 or 12, it's TOTALLY NORMAL to listen to only one kind of music.
    Lots of 11- or 12-year-olds might even listen to only one or two BANDS, or only one or two SINGERS. (1D, anyone? Lol...)
    Because... they're 11 or 12.
    They're making a really loud statement to the world, in that way that 11- and 12-year-olds do.
    It's also a really confused statement -- and they'll probably be making a totally different statement in a year or two -- but, that's the point of being a tween and teenager.

As an adult? WTF. I'd wonder why they had never grown up.

What Guys Said 19

• Let them, I don't care if an artist is good they are good. If I listen to Feist, does that mean that I have girly traits? No. Variety is needed, and I listen to many other great artists. Both men and women, let us have our variety. Besides whoever you are speaking of, probably likes other kinds of music as well

Not really the person im speaking of they are gay and they only listen to such music. Probably there are good artists out there that I dont like their music. Even if they are good artists that does not mean I have to liek them. For instance I understand Metallica is a good musical heavy music band but dont like their music.

• I believe in to each their own - Your preferences are yours alone and no one should tell you what you should prefer in music etc.

• 0|0
  • I'm not sure I'd completely agree; a good number of alternative rock songs deal with love, betrayal, breakups, heartache, etc. It's how it's presented that differs. I've found that what I like changes with my mood and my view of the situation.

• I don't recognize girly or manly music. I'm with music the same way I am with girls. If I like it I like it. I've met guys with music that sounds like it would be on a woman's playlist, but people can listen to whatever they want.

I love rap and hip-hop. Tupac, Nas, Mobb Deep, Big Pun, DMX, Eminem, Rakim. I'll also listen Pop, Rock, Country, Jazz, R&B

• They're either romantically starving/hurt or indeed gay.

But some people say they are not gay the guys who listen that kind of music.

Then they're really romantic, or in bad need of some romance. As I said, "They're either romantically starving/hurt". Theyr'e not necessarily gay, I suppose.

• I probably fit that description. I own every One Direction song and have been to one of their concerts. People tend to think that I only like music like that, but really, One Direction is more the exception than the rule. I also love punk and rock bands like Brand New, All Time Low, and Paramore.

Basically, my liking one band doesn't define who I am. I'm not gay and tend to think of myself as pretty average in all aspects.

• There's not much to think of , he's one of those sensitive types I suppose.

But in the case the man likes that kind of music but always, not just one time thing, but always and like to attend music with singers who play that kind of music,

• I have a buddy like that. We give him shit for it and call it gay but we just messin with him. He's obviously not gay and there's nothing wrong with it.

• That is more gay than sucking a man's dick.

but people dont want to acknowledge it that if a man listens that kind of soft romantic music is not gay only that he likes the rhythm, yeah right! and I was born yesterday.

• I like St. Vincent and Best Coast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjZgiv2F1QY

• I don't know what do you mean by "girlie music"? Guys like female singers because they are hot, get it?

• I listen to anything from Taylor Swift to Def Leopard to Garth Brooks and Simon and Garfunkel. I listen to a side variety of music including "girly" but I'm not gay.

Ohh Ok maybe I dont like variety I only stick to some kind of music cause I dont like all kinds.

But I do think that if a man listens too much just girlie music, it made me doubt a Little about his preferences, cause is not usual a man enjoy to listen music about love, relationship, break up, betrayal, couple. The same applies to romantic movies, couples, break ups, betrayals, etc.

That's true, it's not my favorite but I can tolerate stuff like that. I have two Taylor Swift albums only because I like her music, I can relate and she's hot lol.

• Examples? I like several female singers - Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, Sheryl Crow.

• WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlomIQF2zbI

• I listen to girly music and I'm no where near gay this is just a stereotype

• Lol, should see Saga singig emotional songs in front of bunch of skinheads... That's called confusion..

• Well, the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate. So I shake it off. Shake it off.

• It's fine every now and then. lol I'm actually listening to some now. 80s type. I'm not gay or at least not completely.
    I'd probably think they were gay if that's mostly what they listened to.

But you can say that is not lets say that usual for a man to only like listening that kidn of music cause probably they may be gays.

What Girls Said 1

• I get what you mean and there's nothing wrong about it and I like when a guy likes romantic songs or books :)