What is the point of WHITE COLORED PENCILS and WHITE CRAYONS?

It make no sense!!
Is it there to irritate you?
Is it there to get your brain working and think and trouble yourself with this question?
Is it there so you can "draw" with your imagination and say you drew a beautiful castle when all it is, is a line? Which would then just make it a sick lie about what you drew :O
WHYYYYYY?

Most Helpful Guy

• I use them for blending colors, or to put over another color to make it look "glossy" as if it's reflecting light.

Used to use them for blending but then got a colorless pencil (which raised even more questions...)

Most Helpful Girl

• i.ytimg.com/vi/BGHkwKVwmP0/maxresdefault.jpg
    static1.squarespace.com/.../
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...d8c8d817e1.jpg
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...912b96ab16.jpg
    As you can see there is a lot of art work you can do with a white crayon, especially in a black sheet of paper, a white crayon is very useful.

Woah that horse one is really awesome on the top. :D I had to do something similar to that for an art class way way back in high school, although it was of a polar bear haha. Did not turn out as well as that horse, though. xD

@nfigure I know right? It's beautiful :)
      Sounds cliché but Art class made me love art even more, lol. By the way us too we had to do something similar in Art class back in HS.

Aw I'm glad you liked your class. :) Because drawing, painting, etc. at even a high-school level just wasn't for me, haha! Through sheer effort, though, I did end up getting a good grade, fortunately. :D I have to say, though, that it did give me more appreciation for the hard work and attention to detail that artists must give, in order to produce even just one picture. :) Because to this day, that high-school art class is still seriously one of the most difficult classes I've ever taken, including those at university! xD

Oh and this was the source photo that I chose for my black-paper-and-colored-pencils project, lol:

http://i.imgur.com/X3nkMoS.jpg

What Guys Said 19

• Were you aware that there are other colors of paper beside white? Many art projects need a large amount of color other than white, so using that color paper works best.

Also, if you have a block of color and need a white line through it, or lettering on it, would you prefer to scrape a line through it with a knife?

• I guess they would be useful on colored paper. Otherwise, on white paper, it's kind of a mystery. Great question!

• I am sure an artist can tell you what can be used for - It might be contouring or toning to create effect.

• 2|2
  • +++BREAKING NEWS+++
    there is paper which isn't white.

also, just leaving some spots looks shit because it doesn't fit the overall look

• Not all paper is white.

Secondly, coloring over the white (especially over white crayon), gives a unique color-changing effect, even when done on white paper.

• Use on black or other dark surfaces.

• White influences shade.

• artists use them to highlight certain aspects of their drawings among other things... that's like asking why is there there white oil paint

• I use white colored pencils all the time. Why are you hating on them?

• Dont you use them to lighten up different colors and shades
    Also they make white pens where you can actually see the ink clearly on the other colors
    Im no artist but thats what i thought

• yeah because coloring on colored paper is totally not a thing.

• It works good on black paper :P

• Hey Cupcake

• Black cardboard...

• Have you ever used them on black paper tho😅😂😂😫

• They're for adding detail to drawings or for using on black and other dark coloured paper.

• Black paper? lololol

• Racist!

What Girls Said 11