Do you like classical music?

I love classical music but I'm asking you, because not many people listen to classical music nowadays. Do you like classical music?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I love classical music. I was raised on it. My mother was bipolar and one of the upsides was the high ideals that she instilled in us. Classical music, art, prose, poetry, etc were staples in our household <3

oh hey cool, I didn't know this about you. You should lmk some of yr favs in e-mail... I'm an almost hopeless devotee of "classical" music.

"Classical" in quotes bc most of my fav composers are actually from the Romantic period (Chopin, Dvorak, Brahms, etc), not the Classical period. But, I know the word is used for all of that.

I love chamber music especially. String quartets/quintets, piano quartets etc.

What Guys Said 20

• I have a musical ear, so I find music I love in many genres - but in very few artists or songs.

Some of the most wonderful moments in music are classical (and many of them are in Jazz, hidden away amonst the trash), but when most young people meet classical through Beethoven, Mozart and Bach, (who I think are utter crap) then it's not going to catch on. I became open to classical by being immersed in a very wide range of music as a little kid. That made me 'genre-deaf' if you will - I would listen to something good, regardless of the genre/instruments.

My mother listened to Brahms, and my grandfather and I to Prokofiev, when I was around 6-8 years old or so. I still find Prokofiev sublime in parts, but have become more specific/demanding in the consistency of classical songs. Choir is technically classical (right?) and the right arrangement just blows my head off like other music of the highest quality.
    Maybe you've heard of Third Stream? That can be very interesting - in an alternative way.

• Yes, i like it a lot specially music for piano and violin. I'm guilty of forgetting the names of the authors that i like, with every type of music i listen to tho.
    I would say that i like orchestrated music as a whole, cause i listen a lot to modern pieces too, like Joe Hisaishi.

I like piano and violin the most. Me too. Do you know Ludovico Einaudi?

i didn't, now i do, thank you for the recommendation :)

You're welcome :) he's a great composer, I hope you like his music as much as I do.

• Yeah.. I do especially classical music from my country. Its a lot diffrent from Western style but here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWdn2Q5Zvd8

• Luddy Beets is da man!
    I want to get a portrait of him for my wall. Fancy gold frame and everything.

• I nearly always a classical radio station on in the background when I am working.

• Yes, I listen to classical music. All genres really. I get negative criticism when I listen to classical music or some opera. Too bad it's not appreciated as much these days.

Yeah, it definitely should be more appreciated. It's beautiful.

• Yes, i'm just bad with names of musics and composers.
    Violin is great. Different genres with violin also.

Then Trance. So see... i like the opposites, and some nice power metal muahaha

• I only listen to classical and German folk music like this song called Lili Marleen
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z1C2vwOiRE

• I don't know what you're saying love, plenty of people listen to classical music.

Maybe but people that I know don't or teenagers in general. But if plenty listen to this kind of music I'm glad :)

• 1|0
  • I listen to classical music to go to sleep and on Sunday's all day

• Mozart. is my favourate.

• I like instrumentals more, but I like classical.

• I love classical music too

• Short answer: yeah :D

• Some are good and some aren't like any music nowadays

• Yes, classical music is my fav. Sadly none of my friends likes classical music.

• I dont know cause I only pick up what I can accept. Classical music is ancient pop. There were dirty words of music also.
    I mainly play piano cause actually many classical music can move onto it.
    but I found viola is not bad too

• I am okay with it. but if i have choice, i dont pick it.

• Yes.

What Girls Said 10

• It's more my boyfriend's thing than mine but we do listen to quite a lot.

• Yes! I play it all the time on the piano! What's your favorite classical time period?

• It's one of my favorite genre's of music.

• I don't listen to it often but when I do I enjoy it.

• Yeah, I enjoy classical music. As long as it sounds good, I like music

• Yes, helps me think.

• It's pretty much all I listen to these days.

• No, it makes me too sleepy 😂

• No I don't

• I don't personally.