What movies do you think deserve a second chance?

In today's age of almost constant sequels and remakes, what are some movies that you have seen that everyone seemed to hate, that bombed at the box office, or got terrible reviews that you think would fare much better if they were given a remake opportunity? And if YOU were the director?

I would remake Battlefield Earth...

I haven't seen it, but I've heard the most dreadful things about the Super Mario Brothers movie that came out back in 1993. Come on, he's only one of the most legendary video game characters of all time. He's bound to have picked up a few extra lives in Hollywood...

These are not more modern versions of classics, i. e., Ben-Hur. I'm talking about movies that absolutely tanked with critics and moviegoers.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• Percy Jackson. As long at it follows the books.

• Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

• jaws is the only movie

What Guys Said 16

• I would say Sam Raimi's Spiderman 3. Although it made tremendous collection worldwide, it was definitely a good movie but still some reviews were not positive and even I think some of the scenes in that movie could have been omitted or maybe they could have taken differently.

Hence some people criticized that movie. I think that movie certainly deserves a second chance.

• Shadowlands was a stinker that deserved much better. The BBC version was an improvement, but still grossly lacking. Never before did so much amount to so little.

• Good question - I love old movies - I go through phases of watching the free movie channels and seeing a good movie that said I wonder how it would fare 50/60/70 years later.
    Okay, I am going to go controversial I think it was the mid 1990s there was a movie called "Showgirls" that was panned, got a load of golden rasberries (deservedly so) but I remember thinking if in the right hands and the movie pivoted in a different direction a third or halfway in, it had a lot of possibilities.

A lot of times, you can't help but watch a movie and think "seriously? How did they sell the studio on THIS?"

• I'd vote for either Eragon or Queen of the Damned

Eragon:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zBsqOaKRW4

Queen of the Damned:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AcIn4VbYOE

I agree with Eragon! That film was diabolical and it was such a shame...

• Eragon. The movie they made was terrible, but the books are so good! It was such a big disappointment.

• Movies that fail never repeat that same subject.

• I wish all of the ghost busters were all alive and not retired so they can do a better new ghost busters

• If I told you, your liking them would ruin them for the real fans.

• None! Get rid of them all so we can get back to living life genuinely... TV is a gateway drug to cell phones, Facebook, game systems, and not paying attention to anything that's really happening.

Actually tv, Facebook, cellphones, and game systems seem to make most people not see reality.

Why do you feel about the media hating on straight white men.

@Loadedgamer well it's been fun Charlie Brown. Go see snoopy please.

• Ones that would make money

• The crow sequels, instead of the original

• I think second takes are always poorly done.

• "Green Lantern" and "Thor" They both TRULY SUCKED!!!

• San Andreas, Percy Jackson, Burying the ex, Baywatch 2017 but only because Alexandra Daddrido refuses to wear a BRA.
    https://youtu.be/HC4Og450qcQ

• Jason vs Freddie

• Gunhed, The invasion of the saucermen, Monster Zero, The Wraith Princesa, Vegas in space, SS Doomtrooper, Mega shark vs Kolossus and Message from space.