What do you guys think about the new movie trailer "Get Out"?

Some people are calling it racist. What do you think?

• Yep, this is racist.
  • No, this is not racist.
  • Ehhh I'm in between
  • Cool!!! It's nice to see a black male in a lead role of a horror movie.
  • Who the fuck cares

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think having racist elements in a movie makes the movie racist...

Most Helpful Girl

• The film itself isn't racist. The storyline contains racist characters.
    However, although I must admit I'm interested bc I LOVE psychological thrillers, it's in poor taste considering the racial tension that's peaking in this nation at the moment.

What Guys Said 24

• "Some people are calling it racist."

Some people call *everything* racist. ENOUGH ALREADY!

America is the least racist country on the planet. If we're so racist, how come there are more people of every race waiting on line for years and years (and many just breaking in because they don't want to wait that long) just to become Americans, then all the other countries in the world combined?

• LOL WTH? That looks like such a weird and trashy movie. :D Honestly, I laughed through most of that trailer because the story seems so trashy, and it only got more and more outrageous as it went on. xD However, I do think that it might not be intended as a pure horror movie anyway, but maybe also as a dark comedy about fears and paranoia over race issues between blacks and whites. The movie is written and directed by Jordan Peele, part of the "Key and Peele" duo of comedy guys who are known for comedy.

• The impression I get from the trailer and a quick google about the plot is that there is a touch of the "Stepford Wives" about it. For the film to work, you need to have a victim group. So whoever the victim group is, there could be an accusation of "ism" , Stepford Wives (sexist), Get Out (racist) if the victim group was young girls (misogynist) or gays (homophobic) but a film like this needs a distinct victim group therefore on that basis I said film was not racist.

• It seems like a comedy movie, and they have black stereotypes.

Which is an example of racial profiling.

Why can't they be serious when making a scary movie with black people as a lead role.

Why does it have to be a stereotype as the main character.

How is the main character a stereotype? He seems like an everyman regular guy.

• Some people are calling it racist.
    I think people need to calm the fuck down and people call everything racist now a days even math is labeled as racist not even kidding about that either.

I think this guy will be the first black guy to not only kick ass in a horror movie but actually survive all the way through one. and the plot is actually somewhat original.

• Lolwut? It appears to be about racism. But how is this racist?

I love how I can basically have the whole movie spoiled for me by the trailer. smh

• I feel like I knew more about this movie before ever hearing about it.

What the hell is going on...

I think racism is the subject matter which doesn't mean the film itself is racist. People have such a huge issue with addressing racism if it's not covered with humor because otherwise it makes them feel uncomfortable which is what I imagine is happening with this film.

Nevertheless it actually looks interesting. That dude running at him at night was freaky.

• No. It's does have racist elements in it, like the family, but the movie is not racist.

• I will sure "Get Out" of ever seeing this trailer again! Might have broken even if it was showing this month, but will bomb horribly in lol February..

• Is there any point to seeing this now? That's like basically the whole frigging story right there. Guy goes with his girlfriend to her home town of Wonderbread and everyone has got this whole Stepford Wives But With N****as thing going on, and then it just gets ridiculous from there (yes, it gets more ridiculous from there... well done, I don't know how they managed that)

That they have to use the fact that he's black as some kind of excuse/explanation/springboard into people being crazy and dragging you into underground zombie hospitals is what makes it stupid and potentially racist. It could be something that happens to any guy with any girl, he hometown is weird and they suck the blood out of outsiders or whatever. But look because HE BLACK it's suddenly SOCIAL COMMENTARY.

• its more confusing then anything else what a cluttered mess of a trailer is this a real movie? this can't be real its so bad

• Are you sure that's not a comedy?

• There are racist characters but they seem to be the villain and the movie itself its not racist

• I'm sick of all this racial tension. I thought we were doing well. Can you believe the first black POTUS set us all back decades?

• Woah people in a racism movie r racist? No fucking way

• the movie is very confusing

• Interesting...
    Yes and no.. Im conflicted

When I started watching I was like wtf... this is pretty racist... then I was like, well... this is different and he is a leading actor in a horror film... and the movie does seem interesting

Yeah I do too. It confuses the hell out of me

Yeah! Soo much things going on.

• dude who cares its a movie not everything has to be rainbows and unicorns

• Sorry but this is a horror movie?😂

• Make a horror movie about meeting the black dude's family in Detroit, it'll be a lot scarier.

• Kinda looks similar to the Skeleton Key

• It seems to be more of a psychological horror film with a big twist or something at the end. That's what I would expect. As for it possibly being racist, I seriously don't know. Looks creepy enough, wish they would show it in theatres this Halloween instead of within the next 4 months.

• Oh gosh, I'm really intrigued! They showed so much of the movie but I'm not sure what it's about. XD

What Girls Said 9

• Did anyone ever consider that the dating is on purpose, other than racism? February is also Black History Month if I'm not mistaken. Nobody thought of that? Also I honestly don't find it racist. Its just a movie. And people will make a movie about anything. If people don't like it, they can always boycott, but it will less likely not stop premiering in theater's. It has nothing to do with me. But it does look interesting to watch, so I got to see about that one.

• At first glance, I honestly thought it was about racist white parents not accepting him.

• The people in the movie are racist, but the movie itself?
    No. Lol.
    I actually really want to see it.

• Omg that's so fucking scary. The characters are racist yeah, are they racist for depicting racist white chatacters? No. They aren't a fairy tail, racist white people exist. Fucking Peele!! I hate horror movies, now I wanna watch it.

• The characters of the family is racist, but the movie isn't racist.

• I'm conflicted... I do know I don't want to see it. It looks too scary!! 😟

• The movie in itself is not racist. Yes there were characters where are probably racist buts that's the story.

• Seems like a weird comedy horror movie lol.

• what... did I just watch...