Why do so many child actors have mental breakdowns?

ammanda binds, thats so raven cast, the kid from home alone, miley cyrus etc... what is the cause of this?

1|0
1|5

Most Helpful Girl

• Amanda Bynes did drugs and so did Miley Cyrus. Amanda Bynes is chaning her life around for the better. Miley Cyrus is trash

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A multitude of reasons. First, the parents are almost certainly very ambitious, otherwise they would not be taking the kids out to audition after audition after audition. Second, the kids get rejected a lot before they get the roles. That's gotta hurt. Third, the reason that they're being rejected is out of their control, while at the same time many people will feel that it IS in their control, and that's a recipe for disaster and stress. Fourth, acting is lying, which is socially approved in that context but heavily punished elsewhere, another recipe for conflict and stress.

I could go on...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 4

• It would seem that fame doesn't rest easy on younger people so we see many casualties - I think they are just too vulnerable to cope with pressure

0|0
    0|0
  • Popularity, being in the "high" life, famous life, it can all take a toll on someone. Some people aren't meant to have it. I mean being a celebrity is literally a life of drugs and bad decisions.

0|0
    0|0
  • What if they're acting when they have mental breakdowns

0|0
    0|0
  • A significant proportion are abused. Not all. But higher than average.

Others have poor oversight and too much money and freedom.

0|0
    0|0