If you enjoy the "Saw" series, why do you? If you despise it, do you view people who enjoy it differently?

As 10/10 as the blood and gore in "The Walking Dead" is, I deplore movies with the "everyone's trapped and they have to do horrible things to each other and themselves" plot.

I'm not trying to be judgmental, but can anyone explain the appeal that "Saw" and similar movies have to someone (like me) who doesn't watch them? I admit to never seeing them: but when people say "If you don't like it, don't watch it", I don't.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm obsessed with The Walking Dead, but I could never watch Saw in a million years. I haven't watched any of the movies but I've still had nightmares about them. I don't see the appeal either - all it is is blood and gore, no horror. But if others like it, it's whatever.

Most Helpful Guy

• I love the saw series, the story telling was unique, it set out to make think twice about recking other people life which karama ( jigsaw) can reck yours right back. Then when you see death ( fear) staring back at you your survival mode turns on and your left to cower in the corner. Jigsaw is murder with morals and great sense of philosophy. I can go on. But over the best horror movie I ever watched.

Your answer has the most insight. Thanks for taking the time.

What Girls Said 2

• It's an interesting concept, so it's interesting to watch. I wouldn't say I enjoy it in an emotional or physical way, but I enjoy it as a concept, so I like to see what happens.

• I like the Saw movie franchise because I guess I just do? 😂 I don't know how to explain it, it's just interesting to watch people complete terrible tasks in order to live. Plus there's so many different traps & such, it's pretty cool.

What Guys Said 3

• I loved the first Saw movie. It was interesting and clever with a nice twist to the end. It was a bit of a breath of fresh air to the genre.

Unfortunately it ushered in all those torture movies that in general, I can enjoy in small doses but I'm more about atmosphere and dread over torture and gore.

The sequels just kept beating a dead horse to the point where I really don't give a shit about the franchise.

• I don't know. It scares me because I don't know the reason why I love to watch it back when I was in 5th grade.

What do you think of the movies now that you're 18? Lul.

I realized that it was no longer good to watch. I prefer to watch comedy movies or movies that would not entertain bad things in my mind.

• I just like the cool traps an torture devices he made