Which Beatle is/was the best solo artist?

• John
  • Paul
  • George
    Vote C
  • Ringo
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:
I'd rate them George, John, Ringo, Paul. The only post Beatles Paul song that I like is "Live and Let Die".

1021

Most Helpful Guy

• paul clearly was the most successful. almost 50 years post beatles and he is still going strong.

john lennon had some big highlights but double fantasy was the only excellent album in my opinion

personally i liked george harrison's post beatle career. perhaps because it wasn't expected but i also truly loved his music. All things must pass is an amazing album. the concert for bangladesh was awesome and the traveling wilburys were simply incredible. plus he was a big time movie producer, producing the early monty python stuff

What Guys Said 20

• Ringo continues to be an outstanding entertainer and I highly recommend that you go see his All Starr Band if you have the chance. But Paul is a music genius AND a nice guy. John Lennon got too messed up with Yoko. George was also an outstanding person and musician but he just was not as prolific as Paul with his musical output.

• Definitely George, I would say him, and his friendship with Eric Clapton (and thus working together), probably resulted in the better solo career despite Paul's incredible pop credentials, and John's whatever the hell the Plastic Ono Band was. George was more well rounded, he had some artsier songs, but also some that were fun Pop Rock. Then he also had the Travelling Wilburies

• What happened to John was very tragic. The world lost a very gifted musician and beautiful human being.

Paul is still going at it and he still has the magic. He is my choice.

• Regardless, the Beatles were the best!

• George Harrison

https://youtu.be/4p5yzdCa2GE

It Don't Come Easy

• I voted John for "Imagine"

• George had chops

• Paul by a mile!

• I like John Lennon a lot

• I love John's songs ❤️

• ringo... his voice over for thomas the tank engine was better than any beatles music

• Hahaha... Poor Ringo!

• Listen to the depth in george Harrison's songs always underrated always the best!

• George Harrison was no doubt the best of the best of the Beatles. John Ringo or Paul don't compare.

• I believe George was the most productive and successful solo artist of all the beatles

• Ah, trick question! They all suck.

• George because he had a lot going for him before he died he was awesome

• paul was

• John for quality, Paul for quanity.

• Paul, by far.

What Girls Said 10

• I admired George's work. He's underrated one

• They were all extremely talented dudes in quite different ways. As far as solo artists, it just depends on your personal tastes, because they're all very different. Like not similar at all.

They all did some cool solo stuff, but personally, even though there were a few great singles... I don't think any of their albums ever came close to what they did together as The Beatles.

• That's like choosing between the earth moon, stars and sun.
    But here's my attempt John (taken way too soon, prolific songwriter) Paul (major successes after Beatles 40+years worth and he's a knight) , George (part of one of the first "Super Groups post Beatles, Traveling Wilburys) and Ringo, Pete Best's replacement with some fun solo hits.

• John.
    Imagine...
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• John or Paul, but Imagine made me vote for John.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgYAHHkPFs

• George for sure

• I CAN'T DECIDE.

• Hey, it's my poll and I say you have to:)

• Well it's a difficult choice. And as OlderAndWiser said, Ringo is still performing, and so is Paul (I've seen them both live (AMAZING EXPERIENCES)), so each artist is very successful. I loved a few of John's pieces (Beautiful Boy is my favorite) and George has so many great songs (Something is the first that comes to mind, along with My Sweet Lord and Got My Mind Set on You). OlderAndWiser does make a good point that Yoko kind of... got to John. Him and Paul really took the spotlight from George and Ringo... you see how my thoughts are all messy? Haha but I do have more songs saved on my phone from Paul and George and TW than John and Ringo, so I'll say them.

• Paul hands down the best of the Beatles

• Paul is by far the most talented.

• George