In addition to English and Japanese, which other languages should the people of the fictional country, that my daughter created, speak (Part 1)?

My 6yo daughter is writing a story and wants the people of her story be trilingual, she already picked the first two languages, but she can't decide for the third among 20 options.

Which one would you suggest?

The 20 languages are:

1. Russian
2. French
3. Spanish
4. Mandarin Chinese
5. Aramaic
6. Arabic
7. Korean

8. Dutch
9. Icelandic
10. Luxembourgish
11. Catalan
12. German
13. Luxembourgish
14. Mongolian

15. Kurdish
16. Persian
17. Polish
18. Portuguese
19. Swedish
20. Italian

This poll will cover only the first 7, a second poll will cover the next 7, the third poll will cover the last 6 options, and a final poll will cover the 7 most chosen options.

• Russian
  • French
  • Spanish
  • Mandarin Chinese
  • Aramaic
  • Arabic
  • Korean
1mo Here is the link for the second part
www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2138875-in-addition-to-english-japanese-which-other-languages-should-the

I made a mistake, there is a duplicate language in the list.

Most Helpful Guy

• Russian is good. You can connect it with the Mongolian language.
    I feel like the language selection should... tell a story instead of just being randomly chosen.

The reason my daughter chose those 21 languages (including English and Japanese) is because they're the 21 languages she understands. Because she is mute she communicates in Japanese Sign Language, and Russian Sign Language.

Eh?
      Surprised to get the MHG lol , so what's the final decision?
      Thanks by the way.

part 2 and 3 are still open.
      I'll make a fourth poll featuring the most voted options from the 3 first polls.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• Why not Crow?
    Crow (native name: Apsáalooke [ə̀ˈpsáːɾòːɡè]) is a Missouri Valley Siouan language spoken primarily by the Crow Nation in present-day southeastern Montana. It is one of the larger populations of American Indian languages with 4,280 speakers according to the 1990 US Census.[3]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crow_language
    It'd certainly be unusual

As I mentioned to someone, those are the 21 languages my daughter understands. You can talk to her in any of these languages and she will understand you, although she will only answer in either Japanese Sign Language or Russian Sign Language, because she is mute.

• I think Polish and Russian are the best options here.

• I took french.

• Jamaican lol

What Girls Said 0