What do your parents think about the music you listen to?

What kind of music do you listen to and what do your parents and grandparents think about it?

My mom always wondered what I found appealing about bands like Metallica, Black Sabbath, and Judas Priest. She grew up on soul and rock (or what we would today know as "classic rock"). More often than not, my dad didn't care unless there was a "parental advisory" label on the CD.

My grandma (mom's mom) always thought it was noise.

I found this here video on YouTube and was curious...

What do your parents and grandparents think of the music you like?

Most Helpful Girl

• I listen to a variety of genres. My mum tends to listen to the same songs as me when it comes to "classical", "classic rock" and "popular culture." Although that said, my mum finds my choice of bands such as: "Escape The Fate", "Green Day", "Metallica", "In This Moment", "S. O. A. D" (to name a few) to be distasteful and she cannot understand the lyrics. I am not close to my grandparents but, I can safely say they would be appalled by some of the songs I listen to.
    End note: My mum and I enjoy and rock out to songs by Guns N' Roses to Beethoven together. :D

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents would prefer older type music even before rock n' roll came in the 1950s so they probably thought the modern music was a bit odd especially the EDM music I like but I do like some old music too.

What Girls Said 10

• My mother likes the music I am listening to because I usually listen to old songs she knows from her youth and to classical music

• I listen to country because that's what my mom always played while I was growing up so she's fine with it of course. It's not my dad's favorite but he likes some of it enough and he'll put up with it for me.
    I think my grandparents really don't mind at all.

• They also love it. I was raised on classic rock. Right now, I am babysitting my niece and she wanted me to play music. I of course, turned on classic music. She loves it which is good. You have to start them young.

• I listen to metal and rock.
    My dad is a drummer in a band and basically raised me with this type of music. We go to concerts together and show him what bands I like. He's cool with it.
    My mom doesn't care. lol

• They're not crazy about it and most of the time look at me like I'm weird. I listen to metal and songs with weird lyrics most of the time.

• They couldn't care less.

• My mom doesn't approve of the music I listen to and my dad just doesn't care. Either way, I listen to whatever I want at the end of the day. They don't really know what I listen to because I'm the only person that hears my music.

• They hate the kind of music I listen to!

• no idea. i dont exactly care either

• I've never been huge on the music front. I am a soft rock girl... my parents tend to like the same stuff I do. I like some old stuff, some new. Love me some Coldplay & Matchbox Twenty will always hold a special place from growing up. I also like Pink, looooove Pink.

What Guys Said 7

• they respect it. i listen to tons of different music

• Hmm, probably not the greatest opinions from them. A7x, a bit of Metallica, a lot of tracks from video games I like, it's a bit of a mess.

• They think its ok.

• My mom just won't let me get any CDs no matter the genre, I have no idea why, she doesn't care if I get movies and games though.

• My parents are surprised that a 20 year old likes classical music.

• They don't know what I listen to.

• My mom likes some of it, but thinks that some of it is evil lol